• Cnchi out of date

Hi there,

I have the latest Antegros iso fried out onto my usb stick, and when the summary screen shows up (the one that shows the installation requirements), it says that cnchi is outdated. Cnchi version is 0.12.42, but the system notification said that it’s up to date. Is it safe to proceed with the installation then?

• Hi,

Latest version is 0.12.43, so there must be something wrong happening to you because Cnchi should update itself.

Please, run the iso, and wait… some messages will show up (top right) telling you that a new version has been found. It will download it, close cnchi and open it again (just wait for all this to happen).

Come back if it’s not updating itself.

Cheers!

• @karasu

Is there an external script checking if cnchi is up to date or cnchi itself?

Cnchi opens even while the update check is happening, shouldn’t it wait on the update check?

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• It’s updated to .0.12.43 now after several tries, but now I have another issue. The installation went well, but after reboot, all I get is an empty black screen (gnome3 is my DE of choice). I have nothing but the mouse pointer out there, on the screen.

• Maybe LightDM bug as couple of us are experimenting.
    Still not resolve.

• Try CTRL+ALT+F2

Login there and replace LightDM for GDM

• Also, try entering with the nomodeset at boot. If this succeeds, install the LTS kernel and use this instead. It has worked for me…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hi,

in my case, the latest ISO displays CNCHI 0.12.39 at start. Then, the update takes place but updates to 0.12.42, not to 0.12.43.

Here are my 2 cents

• @squid-f , I installed Antergos in a friend s pc 2 days ago. Though cnchi was not updaded to its latest edition and warned me so (in the screen confirming disk space, internet connection rtc), I ignored the warning and procceeded with the installation.
    I ended up with a perfect installation! (alllll my cents saved):laughing:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said:

I ended up with a perfect installation! (alllll my cents saved):laughing:

:smile: Good for you ;)

More seriously, my point was just to say it might be confusing to get this warning for new comers ; even if, indeed, the installation can proceed.

See you around.

• @squid-f said:

I ended up with a perfect installation! (alllll my cents saved)

Hi All,

I remember installing Antergos few months back and everything was working fine. But when i tried installing two weeks before the cnchi was not upto date during the installation and i am unable to able to proceed with the installation. Is there something that can be done to help me install the same? I think this is the same issue that has been described here.
    0_1449903773889_Screenshot from 2015-12-12 12:31:53.png

• @Nikhil-Prabhakar

After connecting to internet just let it sit. Don’t touch anything, it’ll do it by itself. The newest version will pop up.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn

Oh. Ok. I haven’t waited at all. My bad i guess. Sorry for troubling. I will try and let you know about the result in a bit. Thanks.

• @Nikhil-Prabhakar

No problem. I just ran the iso again and it updated itself just fine :+1: .

• @Wyn

I am waiting for something to happen since your last comment. Nothing has happened :(
    Can you please help me out. Is there anyway to manually do this?

• @Nikhil-Prabhakar

Sure!

sudo pacman -S git
    sudo rm -rf /usr/share/cnchi
    git clone https://github.com/Antergos/cnchi --depth=1
    cd cnchi
    ./run

@karasu I reckon there’s a log for the updator for seeing why it’s not working as intended?

• @Wyn

Thanks. It worked, the installation is proceeding further now. Now lemme try out installing it in the HDD.

cnchi113 installation212 usb live instal4 Posts 17Views 3094