• Random 5's typed

At first I thought this was a browser problem but it’s not. Then I thought it might be a keyboard problem. However, I have pulled off most of the keys on my keyboard to clean underneath.

Here’s the problem. Sometimes I may open up a text document and suddenly my pc will show me that it has a mind of it’s own and start typing 5555555555555555555555555555555555. It will also do this in various browsers. It has happened with pale moon, firefox, opera, chromium, etc. Often it will do this weird thing if I open a new tab. I don’t think it has anything to do with my keyboard. Earlier it was doing this and I couldn’t stop it. I closed the browser. A few minutes later I opened dolphin and browsed to my pictures folder. Suddenly the cursor went crazy and started scanning every photo. It looked like my photo folder was on speed and i couldn’t select any photos. I did a quick exit from my pc and signed back in. Everything was fine with my folder and it was functioning normally. Could this be a video driver problem? Maybe flash? I was on twitter an short time ago and was writing a reply. My pc started to type 5’s in the reply window. Crazy, huh?

• Are you by any chance using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and/or Mouse?

• Yes, I am. Is this a known issue with this brand? If so, I’ll go with another.

• @linux_mark

Yeah, I remember recalling having a mobile with wireless on close by causes interference. I can’t remember where I read it.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• I know it’s not a mobile phone because mine are always turned off in the house. So it must the the logitech brand.

• @linux_mark The reason I asked if you were using Logitech is because I have been experiencing the exact same issue with the stuck five key for the past few months (I have a Logitech K800 Keyboard & MX Performance Mouse). I have not been able to find anything online that even acknowledges the issue, until you confirmed that it also happens to you! I can tell you that in my own experience, the issue does seem to occur much more frequently when I have my mobile phone with me on my desk. If I keep my phone across the room the problem rarely occurs. If you don’t have your phone near you it could be some other wireless device causing interference (just something to consider).

Cheers!

• Thanks but no other wireless devices within range besides my mouse and it’s part of the set. I have a logitech k350 keyboard and mouse.

• lots of logs, you’re going to laugh but you were right after all. I had my mobile phone sitting in a holder above my pc and it was turned off so i never thought about it causing this problem. when i discovered it sitting there i moved it 5 feet away and the problem hasn’t recurred since.

thanks.

• I had the same issue with my Logitech K800, but in my case it’s sending out parenthesis “(”, as I’m using the AZERTY layout.
    Kind of weird that all devices have the exact same effect, the exact same key.
    I’ll try to move my mobile devices out of the way.

• This happened to me too I have an logitech keyboard and mouse combo with unified receiver and started to type a lot of 5’s like crazy good to know that cellphone is the culprit I almost throw the keyboard & mouse in thrash so thanks for the info!

O/S: Antergos Plasma 5 (KF5) 64-bit
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.6GHz
    GPU: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller
    GPU driver: Mesa DRI Intel® G41
    "If you like Antergos, Please donate!"

kde112 Posts 10Views 1476