• Cnchi Installer Stuck At "Configuring Hardware"

Hey all, I’ve been trying to install Antergos via usb drive (full featured iso image) these past two days. The first time, I got the “Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue” error, so today I tried again with another usb and a new download, where it got past that part successfully (probably just a coincidence, and the mirror I was using was not up to date or something). However, this time around I cannot get past the “Configuring Hardware” stage of the Cnchi installation process. The last timestamp in the cnchi.log was 11:08pm- it is now 1:47am. This is the second try today- the first time I let it run for 4 hours, where it also was stuck on the “Configuring Hardware” part.

The computer I am trying to install Antergos on is a laptop, with an intel i5-2450m cpu, nvidia gt650m graphics, 6gb ram, with the installation drive being an adata 120gb ssd. The installer is downloading via a wireless connection (~50Mbps down). I will attach the cnchi.log file (compressed- tar.gz); please notify me if there are any other logs that could help in troubleshooting this issue. Thank you all for any and all help0_1448934830654_cnchi.log.tar.gz0_1448935207215_cnchi.log.tar.gz

• Just out of curiosity, are there any particular packages you are adding to your install, such as Firefox, AUR repos, printing, ect? When I first installed Antergos it kept stalling on me until I unchecked all extra software I wanted to install then it worked (installed manually afterwards). I’ve had the same issue with other live installs, sometimes extra packages causes things to hang.

• Thanks for the suggestion- let me retry installation without the extra packages (I previously had steam+ playonlinux, aur repos, and printing) and get back to you. I’ll update this post if there is any change.

• I attempted reinstalling again, first time with my normal addon packages (it got stuck at configuring hardware), and on the second time when I attempted with no addon packages it got stuck on configuring hardware again. Would you happen to know any other recommendations?

• @thgilfodrol

Cnchi installer version 0.12.42

0.12.43 is the latest. Let the autoupdate run before continuing the install, it will do the process/show itself.

(0.12.43 came out 10 days ago)

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• If updating Cnchi within the live version of Antergos doesn’t work or it errors out I found downloading the newest iso file also helps.

• I found downloading the newest iso file also helps.

Yep, ALWAYS use the latest iso. Older ones will fail to work eventually due to old packages.

• I compared the md5 of the latest iso with the one I have- they seem to match and thus haven’t changed in the last 19 days. I just tried again using cnchi 0.12.45, and it got stuck and “Configuring Hardware” again. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could fix this?

• Bump. Tried again and couldn’t get it to work. Running it live runs more or less flawlessly as usual.

• Hi,

Latest version is Cnchi 0.12.47 and latest iso is from this month, 2015/12/29

Cheers!

• I got no problem with minimal iso from October (version on iso is 0.12.24 ).
    Of course is updating itself at 0.12.47.

At one install experience, i got a similar issue and my workaround was to unmount all mounted partitions by Gnome, before starting installation routine. To be honest, i don’t know if was that or random bad mirrors. For later, try this advice.

a warm place with no memory

Posts 11Views 2570
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.