• Thanks for going with LightDM by default for Gnome

I’m just back on Gnome in the past couple of days, after being away from it for awhile.

I have really never liked GDM much, and in particular I’ve really disliked the “lock shield”.

I was pleasantly surprised at first boot after a fresh install, to see such a refreshing looking login screen, and was similarly happy to see the lock/unlock screen. Had I been doing the setup myself I would never have thought to step outside of GDM for gnome.

The nvidia issues almost had me changing to gdm anyway, but I seem to have fixed them with the advice from https://forum.antergos.com/topic/2235/locking-and-switching-user-problems/11

Anyhow, that’s it. Thanks!

• LightDm is default for all desktop enviroments 👍 .

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Ah I didn’t realize that. I was running Plasma5 under Antergos prior to this, but I did this by installing antergos-base then building up from there - and I went with SDDM…

Posts 3Views 800
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.