• No suspension, poweroff or restart - BayTrail graphics

Hello community from AntergOS.

This is my first post here and I am sad that is asking for help.

I recently installed the latest version of AntergOS on my Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M-C7DE. This little guy came with an HDD and 2GB of ram. I changed the HDD for an SSD and upgraded to 4GB of ram.

In the past, long ago, I used Linux Mint. I had a hard time configuring backlight control and suspension (and properly turning it off.) but somehow I remember making them work by adding kernel parameters like acpi=off and MAYBE some others I don’t really remember.

Right now, suspension on closing the lid doesn’t work. It just crashes the system. Trying to poweroff/reboot also crashes in the end, just hangs in there.

These are the things I’ve tried:

• Installing Ubuntu and installing Intel’s drivers from their 01 open source project (Everything went okay, still have these problems)
    • Editing /etc/systemd/logind.conf
    • Editing with the dconf editor
    • Adding acpi=force kernel parameter (also acpi=off)
    • Adding irqpoll kernel parameter
    • Adding noapic kernel parameter
    • Adding nolapic kernel parameter

Also when booting up, the booting text looks like gibberish (glitchy appearance)

The CPU is a intel N2840 SoC with Intel BayTrail graphics.
    Current kernel 4.2.5-1-ARCH

I am at my wit’s end. I want to stay with AntergOS because of the initial preinstalled software and Arch’s base.

Below I uploaded some logs following the forum guidelines.

Thank you for any input.
    0_1448201227475_logs.tar

• Hi,

are you on Gnome ? If yes, do you use lightDM ?
    If yes, I recommend you get rid of it and switch to GDM instead. I remember I had some strange behavior with lightDM lock screen. It might help as well the suspend mode when closing lid.

Hope it will help.

acer4 es11 aspire2 e111 es1-111m1 Posts 2Views 580