• Lots.0.logs

Hey, I first want to say thanks to the entire Antergos team. I’ve run Arch before, but various things made it a less perfect fit for me as time went by. No fault of Arch’s really, just a combination of factors.

I was thinking about getting back together with Arch again when Antergos caught my eye.

It’s a great installation process, and the end result with Gnome is more or less how I’d build an Arch sytem anyhow, except most definitely with fewer rough edges than what I’d end up with:-)

I hope the Antergos team is feeling the love, because I seem to find more and more of it directed your way on various forums, reddit, etc…

But - lots.0.logs - you almost singlehandedly keep these forums going. You’ve responded to every post where I’ve needed help, and I’ve never seen you be anything but patient and helpful to any poster here. Have a look in any subforum, and more than half of the “Last Post” entries say “lots.0.logs”.

I’d almost believe you were a bot.

So thanks to the team, and thanks especially to lots.0.logs, who seems to be a pretty fantastic ambassador for the distro!

• Hey, I first want to say thanks to the entire Antergos team. I’ve run Arch before, but various things made it a less perfect fit for me as time went by. No fault of Arch’s really, just a combination of factors.

I was thinking about getting back together with Arch again when Antergos caught my eye.

It’s a great installation process, and the end result with Gnome is more or less how I’d build an Arch sytem anyhow, except most definitely with fewer rough edges than what I’d end up with:-)

I hope the Antergos team is feeling the love, because I seem to find more and more of it directed your way on various forums, reddit, etc…

But - lots.0.logs - you almost singlehandedly keep these forums going. You’ve responded to every post where I’ve needed help, and I’ve never seen you be anything but patient and helpful to any poster here. Have a look in any subforum, and more than half of the “Last Post” entries say “lots.0.logs”.

I’d almost believe you were a bot.

So thanks to the team, and thanks especially to lots.0.logs, who seems to be a pretty fantastic ambassador for the distro!

• He even uses google translator to answer spanish questions!! xD We’re lucky to have him on board

• Thank you for the kind words. I have to give much credit to Faidoc and the rest of the team for creating this great project. They have done (and continue to do) excellent work. I actually tried plain Arch before this and it was okay at first. Though it wasn’t long before I got fed up with how awfully rude a lot of the experienced users were when responding on the forums. I know it’s not all of the experienced users doing this but you get a sense of the general tone that is set by the top. My opinion is that those who have the knowledge should be willing to pass it on to others without being an ass about it. If that’s not something a person feels they can do then they should stay off the forums and contribute in some other way. Plain and simple

Well…its getting late so I’ll shut up now hehe. Thanks again for your support. We all appreciate it and hope you will tell your friends about Antergos!

Cheers!

• I agree, you are doing a great job and service to the distro, Dustin. Even the whole team is kind and responsive.

I actually tried plain Arch before this and it was okay at first. Though it wasn’t long before I got fed up with how awfully rude a lot of the experienced users were when responding on the forums.

I ran into this same problem too as I was trying to help (could only help a little) on the main Arch forums. I too gave up as I was put off by the nasty attitudes.

Good job to the whole team! Thank you!

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• @“faidoc”:23v2bgkx said:

He even uses google translator to answer spanish questions!! xD We’re lucky to have him on board
    I have thiught about that but didnt know how well it would translate what i had to say back.

gmail: ii.jameseh@gmail.com
    irc: detrimental@freenode

• I also have to thank lots.0.logs for all his work answering all kind of questions in the forums. Although I’m also at the forums, most of the time I feel surpassed by the questions, but he is there and answers all of them.

For all of this, the only thing I can do is stand up, take my hat off and:

[img:n9mjbu9o]http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif[/img:n9mjbu9o]

Thanks for all!

Note: if there’s a rule against posting gifs, please edit my post, thanks!

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• Thanks again to all of you. This is a great little community we are building here

@“detrimental”:7q563mx9 said:

I have thought about that but didn’t know how well it would translate what i had to say back. [/quote:7q563mx9]

Actually, I was quite surprised at how much google translate has improved. It doesn’t only translate by each word like it did a few years ago. Now it interprets context and idioms. You should check it out!

• @“lots.0.logs”:3pfgcqin said:

Thanks again to all of you. This is a great little community we are building here

@“detrimental”:3pfgcqin said:

I have thought about that but didn’t know how well it would translate what i had to say back. [/quote:3pfgcqin]

Actually, I was quite surprised at how much google translate has improved. It doesn’t only translate by each word like it did a few years ago. Now it interprets context and idioms. You should check it out![/quote:3pfgcqin]

Awsesome, i thought it would just translate word by word, and possible mean something other than i meant it to say.

gmail: ii.jameseh@gmail.com
    irc: detrimental@freenode

• we need more people in the irc channel though on freenode channel #antergos

• I’m always there but never remember to check it. I probably should use a better client that will notify me more consistently.

• @“dgmurdockiii”:2vqdp25l said:

we need more people in the irc channel though on freenode channel #antergos[/quote:2vqdp25l]

I’m usually at the IRC, but for me they seem to be empty!

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Posts 12Views 1879