• AndroidDebugBridge

Has anyone installed ADB on the latest build? If so; how did you go about it? I am getting a headache trying to figure it out, Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

• @Alvin-Williamson
    What is it that you want to do with ADB? Build Android apps with it? Flash firmware? Transfer files from device to computer? ADB itself is mostly for dev purposes. If that is what you want to do with it were you aware of the Arch Wiki link? Android

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc I just need it for flashing firmware. I’ve been in the Arch wiki. However, it seems that the packages haven’t been updated for android 6. Thanks for the reply. I’m sure I’ll figure it out…I was simply looking for a ‘quick’ solution.

• Ah yes. Ok, I see. I gather you want to put in a custom firmware. I understand that you want to do this for Android 6 so much like you said already yourself the Wiki might not be up to date and even then, using the current Wiki supports may or may not work for what you are looking for.

Regardless, have you found out about fastboot ? Fastboot It is on the same Wiki page I linked earlier.
    You might also need to install android-udev if you have not already installed so. I think you might also need to develop 51-android.rules Though I am not 100 percent sure on that.
    Any way, there is a link that I found in the Arch Forums. It’s not a bad piece of information.
    Have a read: Flashing Android

Also, I don’t know what kind of device you have but there is a link that is on the net about flashing Marshmallow and on Nexus.
    But as I said, that is on a Nexus. Digital Trends

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

android adb1 environment var1 gnome 3.1811 Posts 4Views 742