• Cant boot install DVD

That`s a coincidence as I`m having exactly the same trouble. I must have burnt hundreds of isos and never had a failure like this, it reads the dvd and reboots and repeats. I used K3b and brasero and downloaded twice on 2 seperate computers with the same result. Will try once more later but am puzzled.

• That`s a coincidence as I`m having exactly the same trouble. I must have burnt hundreds of isos and never had a failure like this, it reads the dvd and reboots and repeats. I used K3b and brasero and downloaded twice on 2 seperate computers with the same result. Will try once more later but am puzzled.

• @“john4157”:ytxleuqj said:

That`s a coincidence as I`m having exactly the same trouble. I must have burnt hundreds of isos and never had a failure like this, it reads the dvd and reboots and repeats. I used K3b and brasero and downloaded twice on 2 seperate computers with the same result. Will try once more later but am puzzled.[/quote:ytxleuqj]

Please try the iso that we released today on the main website. Let me know if you still experience this issue.

Best Regards,

• Tried again from the main web site using k3b and verified ok but still won’t boot. A few days ago I got Manjaro test same PC and k3b and it was perfect.

• I apologize, we discovered that there is a configuration error in the latest iso which prevents GNOME shell from starting. We are updating it as I type this. Could you tell me at which point in the boot process is it getting stuck? Are there any error messages on screen? Are you able to switch to another VT with Ctrl+Alt+F2?

• Ok thanks, thought it wasn’t my end. It reboots immediately after the boot screen, it starts to read the DVD then instant reboot and repeats, not tried the commands you mentioned yet.

Thanks.

• So you never reach the boot screen where it allows you to select “Start Live System”? Perhaps try making your DVD from the command line using:

sudo growisofs -Z /dev/dvdrw=iso\_image\_here.iso

• No I never reach a boot screen, for a split second when the dvd reads there is a few lines of text in top left corner, says iso something but then computer reboots and repeats. If you are going to put new isos up I will download and try again. Not sure about the sudo command you mentioned as I can`t get to a command prompt. The dvd only srtas to boot for a split second and then computer reboots.

Thanks…John.

• The iso is up now. The link is on the global announcement. The sudo command is for you to use on your current system to burn the image to DVD.

• Many Thanks, will try again soon.

Posts 10Views 1636