• Format EFI USB Drive?

Not sure what subforum to put this in, but I have a flash drive that was recently formatted to HTF+ so I could bring home source files from a recording session at a studio. My Windows PC wouldn’t read the drive, so I put it in my Antergos laptop and copied the files, with the idea of formatting the flash drive and moving them over to the Windows computer.

But, I can’t seem to format the drive properly without errors. I can’t write to the drive in Linux now, even after formatting with gParted.

So, what is some command line magic I can use to properly “reset” a USB flash drive? Maybe something equivalent to this:

http://www.hecticgeek.com/2013/01/remove-efi-other-partitions-usb-drive-dd-windows-8/

Thing is, I already did these commands in Windows but Antergos is still giving me fits to write to the drive, whether it is exFAT or NTFS formatted.

Any ideas?

• …and after rebooting the laptop, I can read/write the drive just fine… Still… That was weird…

Posts 2Views 931
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.