• [Solved] No audio in WINE; device not being used

Hello, I’m having some troubles getting any sound to play from WINE. I’m using WINE to launch games from Steam.

No sound plays at all when I try to run a game. Additionally, winecfg’s audio tab doesn’t even always list my main device, which is what I’m looking at. From the “HD Audio Generic” part, it lists “HDMI 0” and “ALC892 Digital”. What I’m looking for as my default device is “ALC892 Analog”. This analog audio device only ever shows up when neither Clementine (my music player) or WINE itself is running.

Running winecfg through the terminal gives the following response:
    “ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
    ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so”

I’m using a 32bit wine architecture, I’ve used winetricks to install dsound, directmusic, wmp10, and steam. 64-bit Antergos running XFCE, if that helps. Some searching links to people having the issue since 2014, but people have been saying that the fixes are “dirty” and such. Is there any neat and easy way to get around this? Thanks for your time.

• [email protected]

Don’t know if you ever had a chance to read this:

From the Arch Wiki:

Sound
    By default sound issues may arise when running Wine applications. Ensure only one sound device is selected in winecfg. Currently, the Alsa driver is the most supported.
    If you want to use Alsa driver in Wine on a 64-bit system, you will need to install lib32-alsa-lib and lib32-alsa-plugins. If you are also using PulseAudio, you will need to install lib32-libpulse.
    If you want to use OSS driver in Wine, you will need to install the lib32-alsa-oss package. The OSS driver in the kernel will not suffice.
    If winecfg still fails to detect the audio driver (Selected driver: (none)), configure it via the registry.
    Games that use advanced sound systems may require installations of lib32-openal.

There is also the WineHQ website that has information on no sound issues. They talk about switching versions of Windows: Wine sound issues

There is also this older Ubuntu Forums thread. It meantions to install a .lib file. Don’t know for sure if the AUR would have it or not. You would have to check. Ubuntu Forums link

There is also the Wine Wiki page on sound issues. Wine Wiki Link

That is all I could tell you as I am no expert on sound issues with Wine. Might be best for me to defer this issue to someone who might have more experience with this

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc said:

[email protected]

Don’t know if you ever had a chance to read this:

From the Arch Wiki:

Sound
    By default sound issues may arise when running Wine applications. Ensure only one sound device is selected in winecfg. Currently, the Alsa driver is the most supported.
    If you want to use Alsa driver in Wine on a 64-bit system, you will need to install lib32-alsa-lib and lib32-alsa-plugins. If you are also using PulseAudio, you will need to install lib32-libpulse.
    If you want to use OSS driver in Wine, you will need to install the lib32-alsa-oss package. The OSS driver in the kernel will not suffice.
    If winecfg still fails to detect the audio driver (Selected driver: (none)), configure it via the registry.
    Games that use advanced sound systems may require installations of lib32-openal.

There is also the WineHQ website that has information on no sound issues. They talk about switching versions of Windows: Wine sound issues

There is also this older Ubuntu Forums thread. It meantions to install a .lib file. Don’t know for sure if the AUR would have it or not. You would have to check. Ubuntu Forums link

There is also the Wine Wiki page on sound issues. Wine Wiki Link

That is all I could tell you as I am no expert on sound issues with Wine. Might be best for me to defer this issue to someone who might have more experience with this

Whoops, I missed that arch wiki page. Those libraries fixed the issue for me, thanks a bunch!

• Your welcome :)

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• This worked for me also. Somehow pipelight wasnt making sound on pulse audio and i couldnt get sound to my bluetooth speakers but now i do have it fixed thanks to your help!

wine16 audio30 solved14 Posts 5Views 2927