• hpc4150 able to print but my scanning software (simple scan) requires additional software

hp c4150 able to print but my scanning program (simple scan) requires additional software. When I start simple scan, it gives me an error message: additional software needed, you need to install driver software for your scanner. Then when I click on the update drivers button (in simple scan) it gives me the error; you appear to have an HP scanner. failed to update drivers

• @Stapglass same here: I tried adding hplip (which is what you have to do with openSUSE Tumbleweed); no luck. I added myself to the scanner and lp groups, installed xsane/sane and tried their scanner detection stuff from the command line; no luck.

This is a show stopper for me: no scanner, no Antergos.

nbd

• This post is deleted!
  • @user512 Spent a few hours trying to figure this out, wish I’d seen this reply sooner.

Tested on an HP officejet 5510 all-in-one printer.
    I also had no need to reboot, simple-scan worked right after restarting the program.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SANE/Scanner-specific_problems#HP
    Includes the fix and possibly more if anyone else has trouble with a scanner in an hp all-in-one printer.

Posts 5Views 1070