• Antergos install to usb messing up booting

Newbie here so be nice.

Love Antergos so I decided to install it to a USB stick since the computer is a shared one, now i find that when I select the USB drive as a boot device, nothing happens. But when the boot proceeds normally the GRUB screen appears and asks me to cheese between Win7 and Antrgos. Both OSes work fine but now my computer will not boot unless my usb is plugged into it, it just gives me an error. Please Help

• @palkiakerr
    Hi,
    When you did the installation, in advanced or automatic mode, there’s an option to choose where to install Grub.

Did you notice that?

If you left it by default I’m sure it did install in your sda drive. That’s why when you boot your computer it looks for your usb because it’s where the grub boot files are.

You only have Win7 installed in your computer? If that’s a yes, you can repair your boot very easily with your W7 installation disk.

1. Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 media in the DVD drive, and then start the computer.
    2. Press a key when you are prompted.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard, or an input method, and then click Next.
    4. Click Repair your computer.
Posts 2Views 394