• LibreOffice-fresh Writer crashes when opening file save dialog

I tried using LibreOffice Still and got the job done. I just wonder how did this bad package got to normal repos. I though packages were tested before pushing to normal. repositories There’s a testing repositories for new packages. Is just really surprising with years of experience that this happens in Linux.

This bug is critical from the application stand point. An app that crashes to save… it just renders all coding done in whatever else just pointless. So why is this program crashing? I don’t know because the name of the binary is hidden so I can’t run the program from a terminal and see errors.

Any help appreciated

• Hi

have you tried the following :

Tools menu> Options > General> then, tick the box “Use libreoffice dialog…” or whatever the option is in english (it is the second line from the top)

Hope it will help

• @squid-f said:

Hi

have you tried the following :

Tools menu> Options > General> then, tick the box “Use libreoffice dialog…” or whatever the option is in english (it is the second line from the top)

Hope it will help

This did the trick for me! thanks!

• Glad to hear that. Don’t ask me why though ! :smile:

• I actually thought it was a bug, reverted to still version, as I did not find any info on the subject on the 5 version. When I read your post I installed fresh version again, and it looks weird (like not Gnome-ish) but it works!

• @squid-f Thanks!!! The reason why this works is that the other dialog is making LibreOffice to crash, I think

So it is difficult to determine where to file the bug :/

• Had the same issue with LO5 Calc which crashed every time I saved then tried to recover file on restart, which also failed. This tip worked on this too.

Cheers :thumbsup:

• I had similar problems with saving documents in writer and Calc, also cell border lines were disappearing in Calc at times. Downgraded to Libreoffice-still about a week ago to solve problems. Saw there were upgrades to Libreoffice-still and fresh yesterday, so installed Libreoffice fresh (5.0.3-1). Save function now working normally with Gnome dialogue, also cell border lines in Calc are showing, so it appears this bug has been fixed.

crash17 libreoffice10 Posts 8Views 1119