• Install from local repository \[SOLVED\]

Hi
    first tnx for ur awesome work uv done and sorry for my awful english
    i want to install antergos on 10 pc and i already install it on one pc
    so i create a local repository using [url:3r2rnmgw]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_repository[/url:3r2rnmgw]
    now how can i install antergos on other pc with this reopository
    regard

• Hi
    first tnx for ur awesome work uv done and sorry for my awful english
    i want to install antergos on 10 pc and i already install it on one pc
    so i create a local repository using [url:3r2rnmgw]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_repository[/url:3r2rnmgw]
    now how can i install antergos on other pc with this reopository
    regard

• Hi,

Currently the installer does not provide for a use-case such as this. However, I believe you should be able to do it. Try this:

On the system you already completed:

1. Update the system "pacman -Syu"
    2. If you followed the wiki then you should have created an NFS share of the /var/cache/pacman/pkg

On the next system to install:

1. After boot, exit the installer screen.
    2. Update the current database "pacman -Sy"
    3. Install Samba and any other packages you require to get access to your LAN.
    4. Rename pkg cache dir "mv /var/cache/pacman/pkg /var/cache/pacman/pkg.orig"
    5. Recreate dir "mkdir /var/cache/pacman/pkg"
    6. Mount the NFS that you created earlier to the dir you just created. (mount command is in the wiki article)
    7. Launch Cnchi as root like this “cnchi -c”

That’s it. In theory you should be successful however we have not tested this. Two things to keep in mind: You must always perform a full system update on the “host” before you attempt updates or installs on “clients” If you select any different features or desktop on the client from your selection on the host, the installer will have to download those packages from the internet. Please let me know if it worked for you! Good luck!

Regards,

• Hi,

Just a little note, step 7 should be:

7. Launch Cnchi as root like this “cnchi”

No -c is needed in this case, as bijanbina is using /var/cache/pacman/pkg which is the default directory.

Bear in mind that this NFS share must be available forever (as all computers will share the same packages’ cache).

With Cnchi v0.4 and -c option, you can make Cnchi to copy all xz files from a mounted dir to /var/cache/pacman/pkg (this way you only need the share when installing).

Cheers

• @“karasu”:m8ypxx4l said:

With Cnchi v0.4 and -c option, you can make Cnchi to copy all xz files from a mounted dir to /var/cache/pacman/pkg (this way you only need the share when installing).[/quote:m8ypxx4l]

Thanks for clarifying that!

Cheers!

• Tnx it works like a charm
    also mount -B olddir newdir may be found usful

Posts 6Views 1786