I installed Antergos instead of Ubuntu 14.04 on a Dell Latitude E5410.
The installation went pretty well, but i suffer from some issues:
- Intel graphics i915 -pink/green screen instead of videos in Firefox (youtube works well under chromium).
- I get “error: device name required” (drive is encrypted).
- No text is printed to the screen during boot.
- Start time since LightDM screen to a workable Gnome DE is very slow (about a minute).
- Cinnamon DE is broken (no menus, just a desktop backup appears).
It’s important to mention that none of these issues are a result of a faulty hardware. On Ubuntu 14.04 all worked well. About half a year ago i installed clean Arch and faced similar issues, and that’s why i installed Ubuntu.
I’ll appreciate any help, thanks!
The pink/green issues was solved by this answer: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/3124/green-screen-when-trying-to-play-youtube/5
I tried this solution to the grub issue: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/2923/grub-boot-error-device-name-required/2 with no success. I get this error: Warning: no such cryptodisk found though the disk is encrypted.