• green screen when trying to play youtube?

Hi Ive just installed Antergos on a toshiba satelite pro660 with Intel hd gpu. Everything works very well and i really like Antergos except i cant watch youtube or stream films etc. It goes green followed by pink. I do get audio but no video, just green and then pink. Have tried all afternoon to sort it but have had no joy! my last resort is to post here and hopefully get a solution with some of the more knowledgeable ones here . Here are more info on my graphic driver. Have flash(latest)installed also.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fd3c]
    	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
    	Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    	Memory at 80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    	I/O ports at 5050 [size=8]
    	Expansion ROM at  [disabled]
    	Capabilities: 
    	Kernel driver in use: i915
    	Kernel modules: i915

Any help or possible solutions will be very greatly appreciated!!
    Thank You!

• I am not 100 percent sure but the green screen issue might be related to hardware acceleration. If this is what might cause the issue, then restart your browser after changing/unselecting that setting.
    You mentioned that you have flash installed. Can you go into those settings and have a look there.
    Another idea might be the color depth settings to play with. Maybe change it something higher?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Hi thank you for your suggestions! Ive disabled hardware accelaration in Firefox and reinstalled flash and looked at the settings in flash and color ,depth, but still no joy. Forgot to mention that i can play dvds and watch iplayer and all the catch up tv etc… No problems there at all, its only the youtube and streaming videos which arent playing.

• Hmmm. I do not know. Did you change something in your about:config settings, perhaps? Is there something on the https://support.mozilla.org website?
    Have you tested it with add-ons disabled? Do you have a flashbock type of add-on that might be interfering?
    If so, you may want to consider reading this post link text There is other information in that whole thread that might be of interest to you.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• try:

open about:config in Firefox
    search for gstreamer.

memorize the setting, then doubleclick the "media.gstreamer.enabled " line.
    try playing video.

if it doesnt work, doubleclick the line again.

• Thank you thank you thank you! It works now Cheers for your help Modisc and atergo. The "about:conf then double clicking media streamer enabled "sorted it . Im not sure how i mark this as solved as i cant see any solved tab? Thanks again as it was driving me insane!

• @newbie said:

. Im not sure how i mark this as solved as i cant see any solved tab?

You just have to edit your thread title. There might also be a ‘Solved’ option available in the right-side of your post/thread. Othewise, just edit the title as [SOLVED]

• (SOLVED) @newbie said:

Hi Ive just installed Antergos on a toshiba satelite pro660 with Intel hd gpu. Everything works very well and i really like Antergos except i cant watch youtube or stream films etc. It goes green followed by pink. I do get audio but no video, just green and then pink. Have tried all afternoon to sort it but have had no joy! my last resort is to post here and hopefully get a solution with some of the more knowledgeable ones here . Here are more info on my graphic driver. Have flash(latest)installed also.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fd3c]
    	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
    	Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    	Memory at 80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    	I/O ports at 5050 [size=8]
    	Expansion ROM at  [disabled]
    	Capabilities: 
    	Kernel driver in use: i915
    	Kernel modules: i915

Any help or possible solutions will be very greatly appreciated!!
    Thank You!

Posts 8Views 855