• Installed application not showing up in the start menu

Hi everyone.
    I’ve recently installed Antergos Cinnamon on my laptop. Am loving it. In a bit of trouble here.
    Installed Firefox using the command line, it is installed. But, it’s not showing up in my applications menu. What’s the problem? How to fix it?
    Thanks. 🙂

• The problem persists even after rebooting your system? If yes, then manually add it from the menu : Right click on the menu -> Configure -> Open the Menu Editor -> Internet -> New Item. Then name it Firefox, and in the command, add firefox %u. It should work immediately.

• @Noctem Thanks. That worked. 👍
    I also wanted to ask this: I have used KDE, XFCE and GNOME on Arch and other Os-es. And the start menu is dynamic. Isn’t the Cinnamon applications menu dynamic in nature? Any way to make it so? Thanks. 🙂

• It is dynamic (the default menu that is), that is why I asked if the problem persists after rebooting. In my case it updates always after installing/uninstalling programs.

• @Noctem It’s showing after a restart. Not quite dynamic. 😞
    Anyway to make the cinnamon menu dynamic?

firefox35 antergos issues9 cinnamon 2.7.12 Posts 5Views 1949
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.