• pacman cache corrupted PGP signature

I have been having the following problem with upgrading all packages for the past 3 weeks:

(147/147) checking keys in keyring [######################] 100%
    (147/147) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
    error: iana-etc: signature from "Gaetan Bisson " is invalid
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20151016-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

How to handle this?

• This should take care of it:

su
    rm  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20151016-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
    pacman-key --refresh-keys
    pacman -Syyu

• @lots.0.logs said:

This should take care of it:

su
    rm  /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20151016-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
    pacman -Syyu

Hi, Thanks! I get the following:

$ sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
    gpg: refreshing 85 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
    gpg: connecting dirmngr at ‘/root/.gnupg/S.dirmngr’ failed: IPC connect call failed
    gpg: keyserver refresh failed: No dirmngr
    ==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver.

And I am back at the same problem.

Thanks again!

• I got a similar problem for weeks.

virtualbox-guest-iso: signature from "Sébastien Luttringer " is invalid

I already tried to refresh keys etc.

• Hi @lots-0-logs and @aarem

==gpg: keyserver refresh failed: No dirmngr
    ==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver.

I am wondering that because of this error, it might be prudent to first check pacman-key -V should give the output version. There may have been added some unofficial keys from a repository and hence a some things not found. Just like it says in the output.

I read on the Arch Wiki, that if dirmngr is run as root this problem could be resolved (see further on below).

Do the following by first removing your $HOME/.gnupg and /root/.gnupg directory (you may not even have a /root/.gnupg directory because it says that you do not have one) but for sure you will have a .gnupg directory in your /home directory. Move them somewhere safe for the time being rather than delete them. Can delete afterwards.

So according to your output, you have no /root/.gnupg directory. So you have to make one.
    sudo mkdir /root/.gnupgor if you go instead sudo gpg -k it will actually create a .gnupg file in your /root directory.

If you want to find out what is inside your new /.gnupg directory, you will have to do the following after you cd into /root

sudo su 
    cd ~/.gnupg
    # ls

And you will find that you have a **dirmngr.conf ** file inside there.
    Then try and do as lots.0.logs suggested by

pacman-key --init
    pacman-key --populate archlinux

If there is an error, you may need to run as root dirmngr < /dev/null And according to the Arch Wiki, anytime you add unofficial keys , you have to run that command first.

Hope this helps!!!

pacman111 Posts 5Views 2181
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.