• \[SOLVED\] Can't install, all GUI elements White

Hello, this is my first post to the forum.

I post because I am having some trouble.

I am trying to install Antergos from a USB drive, in UEFI mode.

I am on an i5 4670k system, with dual HD radeon 7950 GPUs.

The same USB stick I am using to try this install worked fine in “Bios” mode on my laptop.

Whenever I boot into the drive, The GUI is displayed after the command line text.

But the Installation script is /completely/ white.

When I open anything else, ie, Chromium, or settings, They, too, are completely white. Even the terminal.

I can still hover my mouse over where the “X” should be, and I can still close the programs. So I know that this is a graphical issue only.

Is it that my GPU doesn’t have proper drivers yet, and thus, cant display? I do have integrated Intel video. Should I use that, maybe?

• Hello, this is my first post to the forum.

I post because I am having some trouble.

I am trying to install Antergos from a USB drive, in UEFI mode.

I am on an i5 4670k system, with dual HD radeon 7950 GPUs.

The same USB stick I am using to try this install worked fine in “Bios” mode on my laptop.

Whenever I boot into the drive, The GUI is displayed after the command line text.

But the Installation script is /completely/ white.

When I open anything else, ie, Chromium, or settings, They, too, are completely white. Even the terminal.

I can still hover my mouse over where the “X” should be, and I can still close the programs. So I know that this is a graphical issue only.

Is it that my GPU doesn’t have proper drivers yet, and thus, cant display? I do have integrated Intel video. Should I use that, maybe?

• Hi,

The first thing I would try is to install the hybrid graphics drivers since you have the dual intel/ati graphics. They can be installed with command “yaourt -S hybrid-video-ati-intel-systemd”. You may need to install the AUR helper yaourt first which you can do with “pacman -S yaourt”.

Now I know you are probably wondering how you are suppose to install when you cannot see lol. No worries, when your boot manager appears you will need to add “systemd.unit=multi-user.target” to the end of the kernel command line. This is done by pressing “e” when using bios boot. I am not certain if it will be the same for you. If not, look at the bottom of the screen for the options.

Here is so info on hybrid graphics: [https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/hybrid_graphics#ATI_Dynamic_Switchable_Graphics][0]">[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/hy][1] … e_Graphics

Please let me know if you get it working or not!

Regards,

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/hy

• No, I’m sorry. This did not help. After I installed yaourt, I installed the hybrid drivers (as well as base-devel which was needed to use makepkg).

when I ran the antergos setup from the CLI, I got an error telling me that I could not start the X server.

[EDIT]

I got it working by simply switching to my Integrated Intel GPU for the installation, then switching back to my AMD cards afterward.

Thank you for your help, though.

• Yes, the ability to switch between the two cards is provided by the hybrid-video-ati-intel-systemd package. I should have made that more clear. Anyway, glad you got it figured out!

Regards,

Posts 5Views 822