• LibreOffice crashing on save

Since the upgrade to Gnome3 I seem to be having a lot of nagging problems. Most troublesome in the work around is a crash that seems to happen whenever trying to save a new document (doesn’t happen with old, existing documents) or do a “Save As” or “Export to PDF” in LiberOffice writer. The error I get is below:

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion ‘GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)’ failed

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_set_text: assertion ‘GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)’ failed

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_grab_focus: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_file_chooser_entry_set_base_folder: assertion ‘GTK_IS_FILE_CHOOSER_ENTRY (chooser_entry)’ failed

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_get_text: assertion ‘GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)’ failed

(soffice:5115): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_get_text: assertion ‘GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)’ failed

I have tried changing themes to the defaults to no avail (I had been using Numix). Anyone else having this problem?

• Had the same issue after the Gnome 3.18 update. Removed libreoffice-fresh and installed libreoffice-still. The ‘still’ version works as expected. I’ve always had issues with ‘fresh’ whenever a Gnome/GTK update is released.

• @Dan-Borth Me too, exactly as you describe.

• I found this workaround in the net, it worked for me.

from de libreoffice menu go to tools/options/general and mark “use libreoffice dialogs”

• @4ant That is awesome - thanks! Clearly my google-fu can learn a thing or two. I thought I had searched out that problem thoroughly - can I ask what search terms you used?

• @forbajato said:

@4ant That is awesome - thanks! Clearly my google-fu can learn a thing or two. I thought I had searched out that problem thoroughly - can I ask what search terms you used?

Good to know it worked for you too :satisfied:

The Google search was “arch libreoffice” Set “time” for “past month”. Then, the second result returned, an Arch forum thread. Post #8
    here

• @4ant said:

The Google search was “arch libreoffice” Set “time” for “past month”. Then, the second result returned, an Arch forum thread. Post #8

Wow, I was way to specific - Thanks for educating me!

• @forbajato said:

@4ant said:

Wow, I was way to specific - Thanks for educating me!

hehe welcome. Sometimes it’s a matter of luck :smile:

• Thanks @4ant this worked for me.

libreoffice12 Posts 9Views 1737