• GRUB not showing after succesfull installation of Antergos

Hi,
    yesterday I installed Antergos using advanced installation. I have two hdds- 320GB + 500GB and Windows 10 in UEFI mode (boot is set to UEFI). I created 3 partitions - root (sda6), /home (sda8) and /boot/efi (sda7) (photos of partition list: here and here ) and in boot priority options in bios I put antergos_grub on top of the list (photo). Unfortunately after multiple restarts i cannot get into GRUB2 to pick OS to boot - it just jumps to Windows Boot Manager. When i press esc in WBM i see this list. When i pick one of two UEFI Shell options i get this or this.
    What should I do now? Should I mount /boot/efi on /sdb2 (I guess it might be related to uefi boot or it’s windows hidden partition)?
    Thanks in advance

EDIT:
    I read related thread and executed
    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\antergos_grub\grubx64.efi
    but nothing changed

• Usually people should avoid the EFI nightmare, it brings nothing but troubles. Also, you won’t benefit from it.

I have no experience in that area, but I can advice you to boot into Win with something like supergrubdisk, and disable UEFI, then install Antergos in legacy BIOS mode. You can make a rescue USB key with supergrub from Antergos live session, the .iso is only 15Mb in size and you write it easily with “dd” command.

Cheers. :D

• from antergos
    sudo pacman -S update-grub

from antergos or manjaro
    sudo update-grub

that will fix your grub issues

• Thanks for your replies! Today I had more time to figure out what had happened and that’s the situation: I managed to get into EFI Shell, found which device I should mount and manually run grub from file. Then I used Lizzi’s commands to add Windows to that grub. Now the problem is that it isn’t loaded automagically, but I think I’ll figure this out.

• The correct commands to update grub menu for Arch based systems, in this case, Antergos is
    sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

It an ‘o’. not a zero that you see in the command.

sudo update-grub is for debian based system of which Antergos/Arch is not. There are fundamental differences between systems like Ubuntu and Arch systems. Use the correct command I supplied.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Dont worry,that’s the command I run after some googling :) Thanks

• And so is your other operating system in the new grub menu now?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• Yes, but in order to see grub i have to manually mount and start it from efi shell

• @Modisc fair enugh. I am a newbie to arch. All i can say is that after i booted my arch antergos install i had no grub so i kept trucking and installed manjaro that picked up the antergos kernels. And when i went into antergos i did exactly as i had said and it worked but i see that its not the correct way for arch and im glad i now know. thanks! I have no idea what problems it could cause and im not wishing to tempt fate. Fates not been kind to me of late.

• Ahhh. :grinning:
    Another multi-boot user. Awesome!!! I tried Manjaro a few years back. It was one of those distro’s that I had distro hopped with.

• This post is deleted!
installation214 boot182 grub80 Posts 11Views 5765