• Suspend generally, and specifically when youtube video playing

Just installed Antergos on a new computer, using the GNOME desktop. Two, related issues. The first is that waking from suspend doesn’t seem to work very well. I have seen suggestions to use GDM rather than LightDM - is that a good solution for that?

The other issue, which I fear may have no ideal solution, is that I don’t want to suspend when Youtube videos, whether HTML5 or Flash, Is there any automatic way of doing this? I’ve seen Caffeine, but that’s really a toggle-on/toggle-off solution. Is there anything better? (Which doesn’t rely on videos being played fullscreen)?

• You can try to see if any of the setting while doing this might work: xscreensaver & xscreensaver-demo
    You could try seeing if any of the setting will work there.

Other than that, have you looked around in the settings? You should have something there about Power Savings/ Power Management or something similar to that title. Alter some of the settings there.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc I’ve checked the power setting management - I can blank or not blank, I can suspend or not suspend (and then if yes to either, different time settings). But none of this seems to respect youtube video playback.

• Hi @emacsomancer

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean by ‘blank or not blank’. Are you talking about the setting in Power>Power Saving>Blank Screen
    Do you have dconf-editor installed? If so, could you try to navigate to org>gnome>settings-daemon>plugins>power

So what I understand is that while you are watching Youtube videos, you don’t want the suspend to activate. Is this correct?
    You can suspend at will, but you just don’t want it to occur during video watching; however, it inadvertently seems to occur. Is this also correct?
    I am basing my suggestions below that I am making correct assumptions above. You will have to correct me if I am wrong, though.

I am not too sure if pm-utils might be what your looking for. I only had a quick run down through it. link text So you may need to read it a bit more than I did. I don’t think it will satisfy what you have in mind.

Better yet, I think the xmacro utility might actually be better suited for you. link text

Now I did do a bit of Googling for you. I found a weblink that seems to be related to your interest. It’s a web link for Ubuntu but I think that it carries similarity in interest to what you are looking into. link text There is a script that seems like you can copy and paste and see if it works for you.
    Hopefully…if this is what your looking for, that is.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Thanks, @Modisc . I’ll try out those different suggestions and see if I can get it working.

I think I’m actually going to switch from Gnome to Xfce for unrelated reasons (screen tearing, so I’d like to use compton as my compositor).

• This post is deleted!
youtube5 suspend26 gnome219 Posts 6Views 845