• Error installing applications

Hi

I get the following with every pacman and yaourt cmd:

=====================================================
    => EXECUTE: pacman -Syu --color never

warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘core’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘extra’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘community’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘multilib’ not recognised.
    :: Synchronising package databases…

I have also noticed that applications in the AUR that installed 2 days ago will no longer install, they report the following:

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-anon/aur-dreamchess/./PKGBUILD: line 33: make: command not found
    /tmp/yaourt-tmp-anon/aur-libjpeg6/./PKGBUILD: line 21: make: command not found

-> Extracting qbittorrent-3.1.2.tar.xz with bsdtar
    ==> Starting build()…
    You don’t seem to have ‘make’ or ‘gmake’ in your PATH.
    Cannot proceed.

Thanks for any help

Any ideas?

• Hi

I get the following with every pacman and yaourt cmd:

=====================================================
    => EXECUTE: pacman -Syu --color never

warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘core’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘extra’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘community’ not recognised.
    warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist, line 6: directive ‘repo/os/$arch’ in section ‘multilib’ not recognised.
    :: Synchronising package databases…

I have also noticed that applications in the AUR that installed 2 days ago will no longer install, they report the following:

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-anon/aur-dreamchess/./PKGBUILD: line 33: make: command not found
    /tmp/yaourt-tmp-anon/aur-libjpeg6/./PKGBUILD: line 21: make: command not found

-> Extracting qbittorrent-3.1.2.tar.xz with bsdtar
    ==> Starting build()…
    You don’t seem to have ‘make’ or ‘gmake’ in your PATH.
    Cannot proceed.

Thanks for any help

Any ideas?

• sorry, im dumb

i forgot to install: base-devel

all fixed now

• No worries! Regarding the first error, check line 6 of your /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file it is missing a symbol before the word repo. It should be $repo/os/$arch

Cheers!

• I am getting these errors every time I try to get software or update.:: Syncronizing package databases…
    error: failed to update core (no servers configured for repository)
    error: failed to update extra (no servers configured for repository)
    error: failed to update community (no servers configured for
    repository)
    error: failed to synchronize any databases

It is probably me. But it updated fine until yesterday 11/28/2013.

• Hi,

Check that /etc/pacman.conf, /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist are ok.

Tell us if you don’t know what has to be in those files.

• Thanks for the reply karasu, I am downloading the newest ISO image. If I get the same problem I will let you know. Antergos is a great distro and I love using it. I installed the 2013.08.20 ISO that’s when I started getting the errors. But I had used it about a week ago with no problems. Thanks for the help.

• @“jj1two3”:35wksi2j said:

I am getting these errors every time I try to get software or update.:: Syncronizing package databases…
    error: failed to update core (no servers configured for repository)
    error: failed to update extra (no servers configured for repository)
    error: failed to update community (no servers configured for
    repository)
    error: failed to synchronize any databases

It is probably me. But it updated fine until yesterday 11/28/2013.

There are three possible causes of this, none of which are serious issues:

1. Your /etc/pacman.conf file is not pointing to the correct mirrorlist file location.
    2. Your /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file is not present.
    3. You /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file does not have at least one server left uncommented (with no #).

@“jj1two3”:35wksi2j said:

I installed the 2013.08.20 ISO that’s when I started getting the errors.[/quote:35wksi2j]

This ultimately has no effect on your installed system because the latest package versions are always downloaded upon every install

Cheers!

• Thanks for the help Guys. I downloaded the lastest ISO but it would not boot into the live cd. When I tried to boot from the cd it said isolinux 6.02-ETCD and that’s as far as it would go. I reinstalled the 2013.08.20 ISO and now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for a wonderful distro.

Posts 9Views 2239