• [Solved]Cinnamon is a favorite but it doesn´t work anymore!

I have 4 computers with Antergos installed with 3-6 desktop environments on each. I have Cinnamon installed on all. On 2 computers I have Gnome and Cinnamon and since a week ago Cinnamon doesn´t work. On the 2 other computers I do not have Gnome and there Cinnamon still works fine! Is there problems with Cinnamon and Gnome in the same system?
    I haven´t been able to find a way to uninstall Cinnamon (to reinstall it) so I have tried to uninstall manually and then reinstall. It didn´t work. I like both Gnome and Cinnamon very much but it seems I have to choose or can they co-exist? I have also tried the clever tip to have a different user for each DE but I found it a bit messy with different “homes” on a single-user-system. Is there a solution for this problem?

Womp

• Try creating a new user account on your system and logging into it ONLY with Cinnamon. If it works then you will at least have confirmed the problem is caused by a user configuration conflict.

Cheers!

• To fix the multiple home folders problem you could link the contents of your home files with

ln -s /dir1/* /dir2/

Making sure to only link folders like Pactures, Documents, Music, bash_history, and nothing that might contain configuration files

• Hi!

Very good idea to create a separate user to see if that could bring back cinnamon from the dead, but that didnt work. I will not give up though!

Now I have uninstalled Gnome and Plasma and also removed configs and folders that I think can “disturb” Cinnamon. Cinnamon still dead.

Womp

• Well I did a “last resort” and uninstalled cinnamon reboot and reinstalled and then logged in with my “new” user to cinnamon, and that worked!!
    Thanks for support and help!! I will to ably migrate to the “new” user-account in time.
    Matter is solved!

Womp

cinnamon gnome3 Posts 5Views 989
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.