• After Antergos greeter updates, it is impossible to login

I have just found & installed the 2 LightDM updates (greeter +antergos theme BUT now things got worse. You dont get the white screen any longer, but you cant login, either!!!
    Hitting enter returns no result, while using the mouse you can get to thw password field, but on the right hand side of the password field there is a vertical blue line (with the option tools)( that prevents seeing the password field in its full extend. Typing password and hitting ENTER to proceed to login, has no result at all!
    +Im using my backup OS (Ubuntu) now…Any workaround on how to login till something will be done?:sweat:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch another gnome issue it seems :smile: openbox is a ok :ok_hand:

• @megaman
    No mate, this is an Antergos issue. After the updatea. I could have always switched to GDM (which is Gnome). And if that did NOT work, then I could blame them!
    But GDM works, doesnt it?:punch:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @anarch i know im just giving you a hard time ;)

you cant startx? people are reporting GDM working fine. maybe give that a shot :+1:

• there are also reports of openbox being awesome still :sunglasses:

• No worries, no hard times at all!!!:thumbsup:
    I could have login Antergos, going GDM using the console. Let s say it was a chance for me to use my long abantonded …buntu. I mostly keep it updated all these years in Antergos!!!:innocent:

• greeter.png

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• Same issue here with Mate. I have no backup OS, therefore I am using an Fedora Live-USB in order to get into a browser.

Is there no workaround to login?

• Me too. I can’t login after this update. It accepts username and password, but does not go forward. I use, rather I’d like to use, gnome.
    We still have to wait for another update or is only a configuration issue that needs to be changed?

• seems most people are having luck moving to GDM. maybe one of the devs will have some ideas.

• Yeah! Going GDM seems to be the only option for now. I could not stand using my Ubuntu for long…so, I installed GDM and I am back to my beloved distr;o!:thumbsup:
    Just run these commands from console

sudo pacman -S gdm 
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm

There is always the option to reverse the enable/disable commands when the issue gets fixed…:satisfied:

• @anarch Thank you for the recipe. I’ve tried before but I didn’t succeed

• What did you miss? Can you give some more info?

• @anarch No problem now, with your (right) commands is OK. I can login with GDM.

• @Ginsa
    Glad to hear!:clap:

• @anarch said:

Yeah! Going GDM seems to be the only option for now. I could not stand using my Ubuntu for long…so, I installed GDM and I am back to my beloved distr;o!:thumbsup:
    Just run these commands from console

How do I get into console? I am not able to login.

• @Conni Cntrl+Alt F2 or F3

• @Conni said:>
    How do I get into console? I am not able to login.
    Ctrl+Alt+ F2
    Give your user na me when asked, your password and finally the 3 commands one by one. When finished, just type reboot and that is all!

• @anarch: It did the job, thanks. :thumbsup:

• I could also not login with LightDM and I also can not switch to another text shell / tty with the shortcut e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2. The shortcuts seems not to work. For me the solution was to add systemd.unit=multi-user.target as boot parameter to the linux kernel. This can be done if you press E during the GRUB screen. Then you see a line with linux, there you can add the above parameter. If you then press F10, the system boots to text only mode and you can login.

There you can enter the commands to activate GDM (GNOME Display Manager) and reboot.:

sudo pacman -S gdm 
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    sudo reboot

Posts 22Views 4874