• my obmenu isnt working and i am lost as to how to get it back

Mostly it is working but it seems the Applications pipe menu is borked and i dont know what to use

anyone have a good idea where to begin?

im lost

• heres what my menu.xml looks like in ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml

http://pastebin.com/JuadrkAU

• this is the line i need help with

<menu execute="i need something here, what is it?" id="openbox-menu" label="Applications"/>
  • I’m not using OB, but don’t you need something that starts with ~/.config/openbox/pipemenues/"something with applications"

Look at your other pipemenus path in your .xml file. The path is either to an .sh file (doubtful though) or an ‘obpipemenu-applications

Was there a point in recent history where you forgot to go openbox --reconfigure and hence the issue?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Lizzi possibly this?

/usr/bin/openbox-menu lxde-applications.menu

do you remember what you did that made that happen?

• @Lizzi I’m using openbox, and, while I’m sure I have not got it tweaked to anywhere near your excellent level, it is working fine (with some few things not responding the way they should; again, due to my lack of ability to configure the thing properly)

Would it help if I were to send you my file and you were to do:
    sdiff <yourfile> <myfile>
    and compare the differences?
    If so, the only problem is, you would have to tell me how to “pack up” my 370-odd lines of .config file in such a way that you could read it in your fav text editor (i use vi)

death takes no vacations, makes no innovations nor exceptions

• Thanks, I reinstalled. I was trying some openrc distros and they were not working well… I got antergos back up and running so i think we’ll leave it alone for now. My frustration tolerance has been way low since my little lovie got hit by a car almost three weeks ago. Skittles is doing well now though that she had life saving surgery. Now i just have to pay the remainder of the vet bill… you dont want to know how much…

• @Lizzi So sorry to hear about this LIzzie.
    I have a little furry love at the center of my life, so I totally get it (and I"m no stranger to vet bills, but yeah, obviously I can imagine it must be astronomical; sooner they get recognized as “people” and attract governt
    subsidies the better, hey? ; - ) )

Glad to hear you solved your openbox woes.
    Cheers.

death takes no vacations, makes no innovations nor exceptions

Posts 8Views 1497
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.