• [solved] Firefox won't start it's Profilemanager

firefox -profilemanager won’t start - only with sudo.
    But then, of course, I get a profile for root.
    Without sudo it only starts with the default profile.
    Any idea?

• Somewhere along the line, you must have done something where you inadvertently chown firefox to sudo. You need to reverse that.

Firefox application is inside /usr/bin/ There might be some symb links in that directory too.
    Here’s what you can do to see who the owner/file-permissions is/are of firefox.
    cd into /usr/bin; then go: ls -l. Scroll to where mozilla-firefox is and look at the left hand side of your terminal output.

I don’t use firefox on Antergos, but you could try this: sudo chown -R micro.user ~/.mozilla/firefox
    The ‘-R’ is for recursive value. You might also want to look inside your~/.config folder in case it is there instead.
    Have you had a chance to read the Arch Wiki on chown, if that is the case as I believe it is?
    chown

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• I did install Firefox during initial Antergos installation.

Although I might have learned more when trying to solve this by hand, I decided trying to solve it by simply removing and reinstalling Firefox via pacman.

Now the problem is solved, firefox -profilemanager now works from my user account without sudo.

At least, now I know a bit more about -dpl, rwx and ugoa.

Thanks.

firefox34 profilemanager1 Posts 3Views 1059
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.