• [Solved]One click at login gives white screen and pointer.

On my work computer, MacBook pro 11,1 (13"retina spring 2014) I did a reboot after work and one click at login gives white screen and a pointer. I have messed arround for a few hours and I managed to login “blindly” to Xfce, then I noticed that wifi is disabled. In my “chamber” at work the wifi is bad so I have to use wired and I use to disable wifi but normally there is no problem to enable wifi again when I need it. I need wifi to be able to do something about the white screen. I read that there are others with the white screen problem but I could not find any real solution. To change login-manager seems to be the only realistic solution so far and for that I have to know how to enable wifi again.
    Very thankful for any pointers or hints!
    JW

• Same issue here with OB after an update.
    STRG + ALT + F2 - then login - then “startx” works for me so far.

• Sorry for my ignorance but does STRG stand for?

• something like Ctrl + Alt + F2

change desktop as a tty ?

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• Ok thanks Judd!
    I managed to get wifi working again!
    Is the white screen problem possible to fix? Is Angergos using LightDM? Is LightDM the problem here? What about SDDM or GDM?

• @womp said:

Ok thanks Judd!
    I managed to get wifi working again!
    Is the white screen problem possible to fix? Is Angergos using LightDM? Is LightDM the problem here? What about SDDM or GDM?

I spend the same to upgrade to Gnome 3.18 and I switch to GDM, if you want to do, in a tty as follows:
    gggggggggggggggg.png

If you have GDM Xfce4 more packages installed, my gnome quetengo not, you know, my English is very bad and hang out with goggle translator, so …

• @womp said:

Sorry for my ignorance but does STRG stand for?

Ah sorry, its the german layout. Its CTRL. :)
    The login issue seems to be lightDM related.

• @peter_pan said:

@womp said:

Sorry for my ignorance but does STRG stand for?

Ah sorry, its the german layout. Its CTRL. :)
    The login issue seems to be lightDM related.

Hi peter_pan
    If there LightDM problems and also look for other alternatives such as gdm.

• Now I am back! I had to use Antergos-Live-system again to chroot. I could get to tty but could not login!
    GDM seems to work ok but I notice that things have happened. I can´t login to my favorite desktop, Cinnamon. I just get thrown back to GDM. In Gnome icons and pointer are very big and there is no theming! I wonder if reinstalling Cinnamon cold help? I am on LXQT now and there is also a problem. The desktop looks nice and proportional but in Firefox everything is very small and I can hardley read what I am writing!
    Now I have to stop complaining and I thank you Judd again and Pe!ter_pan! This problem is solved (at least for the moment!)
    JW

• You are welcome :thumbsup:

wifi74 white screen3 Posts 10Views 1300