• Antergos and Manjaro bootloader problem

I’ve try to install manjaro linux on my laptop, I’ve don’t have UEFI and for that I have some errors with bootloader.

If I’ve try to install Manajaro using Calamares, after he finish install he give me that error:

Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".
    <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>
    Command 'grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --force' returned non-zero exit status 1
    Traceback:
      File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 244, in run
        prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 232, in prepare_bootloader
        install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 182, in install_grub
        "--force"])

File "<string>", line 2, in <module>

After he give me that error I try to install again using Thus, but again… When he finish the install it gime me that error:

IMPORTANT: There may have been a problem with the bootloader
    installation which could prevent your system from booting properly. Before
    rebooting, you may want to verify whether or not the bootloader is installed and
    configured. The Arch Linux Wiki contains troubleshooting information:
        https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB

Would you like to view the wiki page now?

I’ve try to install and Antergos Linux but with it I have 2 problems…
    Almost every time when I’ve started the Antergos Live to install it he freezing and I don’t know why… It do this after 1min, 2min or something like that. In generally I don’t have time to finish my install because it freezing. And in the few times when it finish my install I will receive the same error like when I’ve try to install Manajaro using Thus.

I’ve try to install the GRUB bootloader and manual using Manjaro Live with terminal and here are again 2 problems…

1. Or if my install has success he enter on bootloader and show me the Windows but no and the Manajaro or Antergos.
    2. Or it tell me the error message how tell me it can’t find the /boot/efi… But I don’t know why because I don’t have that UEFI.

So, if have anyone any idea how can I solve my problem and know how can I install with success Antergos or Manjaro please tell me.

• @cavaler12345 can you get into either antergos or manjaro and open gparted and take a snapshot of that and post it here so we can see your existing partitions?

installation214 boot182 antergos issues9 manjaro10 calamares2 Posts 2Views 2739