• After Update Evolution will not start anymore

Hi,
    Another issue I have after upgrading Gnome to 3.18.0 and Evolution from 3.16.5-1 to 3.18.0-1 is that Evolution will no longer execute. I can see in the status bar that evolution is trying to start but after a few seconds it simply fails and nothing else happens.evolution_fail.png

I have two computers running Antergos and both show the same problem after updating.

I would be glad to hear any suggestions how to solve this.

Thanks in advance,
    kitatu

• @kitatu

Try running it from a terminal. Maybe the program will show you some error…

Cheers!

• @karasu
    Hi karasu,

yes indeed. It shows some errors. Thanks for the hint.

(evolution:3424): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:82:30: Failed to import: Fehler beim Öffnen der Datei: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

(evolution-alarm-notify:3432): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:82:30: Failed to import: Fehler beim Öffnen der Datei: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

(evolution:3424): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot import any of the given URIs

If I interpret this correctly now, it seems my theme isn’t working as supposed. Is this assumption correct?
    Do you know how to correct this?

Thanks,
    kitatu

• I’m not 100%, but most of the time you can ignore those Gtk-Warnings. And they shouldn’t prevent evolution to start.

I have no idea about that evolution-shell-warning, though.

It does not show anything else? It simply returns you to your prompt, or gets stuck?

• @karasu I just changed the theme to default (Adwaita). And now it works. Evolution starts again.
    The gtk-dark.css files are in the right place. I do not know why they could not be found by Evolution. All other programs using Numix-Frost or Numix-Frost-Light were working perfectly.
    But as soon as I activate Numix-Frost or Numix-Frost-Light Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-06 14-28-13.png, Evolution cannot be started. If I set it back I can start Evolution again.
    Thanks,
    kitatu

• I also can not start Evolution. I get this error.:

(evolution:4215): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_set_boxed: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_BOXED (value)' failed

(evolution:4215): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gtype.c:4268: type id '0' is invalid

(evolution:4215): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type '<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
    fish: 'evolution' terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Adressbereichsfehler)

@kitatu said:

@karasu I just changed the theme to default (Adwaita). And now it works. Evolution starts again.

Works also for me.

gnome322 evolution8 Posts 6Views 1991
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.