• Antergos Repo + pacaur

Installed Antergos awhile back in a VM in Windows. Was just testing it. Well long story short I reinstalled today replacing another distro on my dual-boot. Install went fine with CLI installer, althought it displays text thats jumbled together but eventually straightens itself out. Then I had to reconvince Antergos to use localtime by hwclock --systohc --localtime. I digress…

When I edited pacman.conf to manually add the AUR I noticed an Antergos Repo. I then read both mirrorlists and think I understand whats going on, it seems to doing the job that Reflector does or similiar. Close or no cigar?

Will this cause issues when using pacaur?

pacaur -Syua

• Installed Antergos awhile back in a VM in Windows. Was just testing it. Well long story short I reinstalled today replacing another distro on my dual-boot. Install went fine with CLI installer, althought it displays text thats jumbled together but eventually straightens itself out. Then I had to reconvince Antergos to use localtime by hwclock --systohc --localtime. I digress…

When I edited pacman.conf to manually add the AUR I noticed an Antergos Repo. I then read both mirrorlists and think I understand whats going on, it seems to doing the job that Reflector does or similiar. Close or no cigar?

pacaur -Syua

• @“tornnomar”:1x8qaa85 said:

Installed Antergos awhile back in a VM in Windows. Was just testing it. Well long story short I reinstalled today replacing another distro on my dual-boot. Install went fine with CLI installer, althought it displays text thats jumbled together but eventually straightens itself out. Then I had to reconvince Antergos to use localtime by hwclock --systohc --localtime. I digress…

pacaur -Syua

The antergos repos just host a few files that are acutally installed when you install antergos. As for pacaur, its just an aur helper, so you can use pacaur just fine with antergos.

• Cool. Thanks for the quick response.

Posts 4Views 2428
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.