• [SOLVED] System hang on boot

Hey together,

I’ve used arch (antergos) for the last 2 years and this is the first time the system is hanging for me. What’s worse is that I’ve not installed new packages or change anything system-wise in about 14 days.

After boot the error “Failed to start CLI network filter manager” is shown for a moment. The system freezes on “Starting User Manager for UID 120” or “Reached Target Graphical Interface”, as far as I see randomly. After this point I can’t start or change to a terminal. The hang occurs after gdm was successfully started.

Additional note: My Postgres Server fails to start since this problem occured this morning. I haven’t been changing or working with it on my current project.

[EDIT]: I can’t login via a tty. The login process is successful (short flicker), after that I’m back on the login screen of the tty.

Thanks.

• @Anneira have you tried booting a different kernel? If youve not updated the system or installed anything recently then you might be looking at hardware failure issues, though that would be a worst case scenario.

• Fixed it by reinstalling nvidia drivers.

systemd29 freeze29 Posts 3Views 4037
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.