• Noob impression

Thank you for making the GUI installer - it is very useful for someone like me coming from Windows (well i also spent a small amount of time with Linux Mint).

I like it but i do have 2 major remarks:

My native language isnt English so i didnt chose it as locale. As a result i ended with a single non English/Latin keyboard layout. For me it was major issue because i could not do anything in the console. Consider it as a request - would it be possible to alter the installer in order to complete every installation with at least one English keyboard? Some advanced Linux users may know how to fix it i did not and because of that i reinstalled Antergos.[/list:o:15sc7lz0]
    Regarding the mirrors - this one would be more complicated to resolve and it is a more of a private problem. Antergos correctly found the nearest mirror to my location. But while i was downloading additional packages i found out that the speed is very low. When i start downloading (from the local mirror) the speed is fine but after 5 seconds it gets down to 5K/s. I had to regenerate the mirrors list and rearrange it. If it is possible to do something about this kind of problem it would be very nice.[/list:o:15sc7lz0]

I also failed to install from the .iso file. I use a flash drive on which i am loading some utilities (as .iso files). Then all i have to do is to generate a menu list (using grub to load every .iso file). I ended with an error regarding “tty” i believe. Maybe Antergos was never designed to be installed this way but for me it is very convenient because i do not have to reformat my flash drive every time i want to install from it. If you consider this case for an issie and intend to fix it i can provide more info if necessary.

When trying to install from a CD (i burned the .iso file) i get this message:

(1 of 2) A start Job is running for GNOME Display Manager_

and the installer just stops there - it can hang for a day i suppose.

I managed to install after deploying Antergos to my flash drive - i had to reformat it

I like it - the freedom and the easiness of installation (it wasnt very easy for me, but i like the GUI installer).

To the developers - thank you all! Cannot wait for the next version - keep it coming!

• Thank you for making the GUI installer - it is very useful for someone like me coming from Windows (well i also spent a small amount of time with Linux Mint).

I like it but i do have 2 major remarks:

My native language isnt English so i didnt chose it as locale. As a result i ended with a single non English/Latin keyboard layout. For me it was major issue because i could not do anything in the console. Consider it as a request - would it be possible to alter the installer in order to complete every installation with at least one English keyboard? Some advanced Linux users may know how to fix it i did not and because of that i reinstalled Antergos.[/list:o:15sc7lz0]
    Regarding the mirrors - this one would be more complicated to resolve and it is a more of a private problem. Antergos correctly found the nearest mirror to my location. But while i was downloading additional packages i found out that the speed is very low. When i start downloading (from the local mirror) the speed is fine but after 5 seconds it gets down to 5K/s. I had to regenerate the mirrors list and rearrange it. If it is possible to do something about this kind of problem it would be very nice.[/list:o:15sc7lz0]

I also failed to install from the .iso file. I use a flash drive on which i am loading some utilities (as .iso files). Then all i have to do is to generate a menu list (using grub to load every .iso file). I ended with an error regarding “tty” i believe. Maybe Antergos was never designed to be installed this way but for me it is very convenient because i do not have to reformat my flash drive every time i want to install from it. If you consider this case for an issie and intend to fix it i can provide more info if necessary.

When trying to install from a CD (i burned the .iso file) i get this message:

(1 of 2) A start Job is running for GNOME Display Manager_

and the installer just stops there - it can hang for a day i suppose.

I managed to install after deploying Antergos to my flash drive - i had to reformat it

I like it - the freedom and the easiness of installation (it wasnt very easy for me, but i like the GUI installer).

To the developers - thank you all! Cannot wait for the next version - keep it coming!

• Thank you very much for your feedback. We have improvements coming that will benefit users who may be getting a slower connection speed. It’s not ready for this upcoming release, but most likely the next one. The issue you mentioned concerning the keyboard has come up quite a few times and I will make sure we look into our options to correct it. As for the iso, there have been some bugs in the default display manager (GDM) that caused boot failures on the iso for a lot of users. We are in the process of dropping GDM in favor of lightdm which will be a big improvement. It is possible to do what you ask with the iso. You would need to first mount the iso. I believe the Arch wiki has instructions on mounting iso files. Once you do that you can copy everything but the syslinux files to your usb. That should give you the intended results. We have a new release that will be coming very soon so be looking for that. Oh, I almost forgot…welcome to Antergos

Regards,

• Here’s some new testing ISOs!

[http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing/][0]">[http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing/][1]
    OR
    [http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/cinnarch/iso/testing/][0]">[http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/cinnarch/iso/testing/][2]

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing/
    [2]: http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/cinnarch/iso/testing/

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

Posts 4Views 661