• Antergos stuck at installation

After the installation downloads and install the packages, it got stuck in “Configuring LightDM Desktop Manager” and it’s been there like 5 minutes, what should I do?
    I don’t think the system is installed yet, not even the grub, I don’t want start the installation again and face the some problem.

• @AlejandroC90 Hi, Please use a pastebin service to post the logs found in /tmp directory while in the live environment. The files are named cinchi.log and postinstall.log

• Well. I closed the installation, and tried to reboot, now my windows don’t even start, gonna try to install it again, gonna post the logs when it’s done.

• @lots.0.logs I tried to install it again and the same happened, “configuring lightDM desktop manager” so… I checked the log, I guess these are that lines that are important (the last ones).

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/12547351/

and post install has

Called installation script with these parameters: [alejandro] [/install] [gnome] [latam] [] [False]
    Simple mixer control ‘Master’,0
    Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
    Playback channels: Mono
    Limits: Playback 0 - 87
    Mono: Playback 44 [51%] [-32.25dB] [on]

I have to add that I’m trying to install Antergos on a Msata SSD, I have Windows in the first partition, and I have another disc with my old Antergos and a non Working Windows.
    The old disk grub stills works, but I changed the boot priority and now boots from the new disk.
    I bought the MSata because the old disk is gonna fail soon.

• @lots.0.logs After about 15 minutes, a message appeared saying that there was a problem with the bootloader and the system could not reboot, and if I wanted the check archlinux wiki relating to grub .
    And after I said yes, now says that the installation is complete, and if I want to restart the system now.

• @lots.0.logs Here is the last part of the log, notice the change of time:

2015-09-24 17:41:20 [DEBUG] bootloader.py(275) install_grub2_bios(): Running grub-mkconfig…
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [ERROR] chroot.py(141) run(): Timeout running the command [‘chroot’, ‘/install’, ‘sh’, ‘-c’, ‘LANG=es_CO.UTF-8 grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg’]
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [WARNING] bootloader.py(294) install_grub2_bios(): ERROR installing GRUB(2) BIOS.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/sys’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/proc’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/dev/pts’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/dev’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(109) umount_special_dirs(): Can’t unmount. Trying -l to force it.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] install.py(1191) configure_system(): Copying install log to /var/log.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [INFO] slides.py(192) manage_events_from_cb_queue(): Installation finished

• @AlejandroC90 Try running grub-mkconfig from the live environment (you have to chroot into the installed system) For example:

su
    mkdir /mnt/root
    # Mount Antergos Root
    mount /dev/sdX /mnt/root
    # If you used a separate `/boot` partition
    mount /dev/sdX /mnt/root/boot
    arch-chroot /mnt/root
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    exit
    umount -Rl /mtn/root
    exit
    reboot

• Reboot the Live system before you attempt to do the steps I just outlined. Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs
    [[email protected] antergos]# arch-chroot /mnt/root
    sh-4.3# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    /usr/bin/grub-mkconfig: line 234: /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new: No such file or directory
    sh-4.3#

and yep, the folder is empty.

• @AlejandroC90 Did you mount your /boot partition?

• @lots.0.logs I made a mistake, here is output:
    sh-4.3# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    Generating grub configuration file …
    Found theme: /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt
    Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux
    Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
    Found fallback initramfs image: /boot/initramfs-linux-fallback.img
    ERROR: mkdir /var/lock/dmraid
    /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory
    WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning.

And got stuck there. I’m gonna wait 10 minutes.

• @AlejandroC90 That might not be anything to worry about. Let me know the result.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @lots.0.logs Well, it didn’t work in the end, I don’t know what to do, I tried reinstalling a fourth time and the same message, and Windows boot was totally gone too, I’m gonna have to reinstall everything again . I’ve been using Antergos for almost two years. I’m gonna try with Ubuntu if it works.
    I need a Linux distro on my pc, I’m in the Linux group of my University…

In the end, do you think that is a problem of my hardware or it’s something that can fixed in a couple of Antergos releases?
    Thank you for your time.

lightdm96 stuck28 instalation12 Posts 13Views 4439