• Antergos stuck at installation

After the installation downloads and install the packages, it got stuck in “Configuring LightDM Desktop Manager” and it’s been there like 5 minutes, what should I do?
    I don’t think the system is installed yet, not even the grub, I don’t want start the installation again and face the some problem.

• @AlejandroC90 Hi, Please use a pastebin service to post the logs found in /tmp directory while in the live environment. The files are named cinchi.log and postinstall.log

• Well. I closed the installation, and tried to reboot, now my windows don’t even start, gonna try to install it again, gonna post the logs when it’s done.

• @lots.0.logs I tried to install it again and the same happened, “configuring lightDM desktop manager” so… I checked the log, I guess these are that lines that are important (the last ones).

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/12547351/

and post install has

Called installation script with these parameters: [alejandro] [/install] [gnome] [latam] [] [False]
    Simple mixer control ‘Master’,0
    Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
    Playback channels: Mono
    Limits: Playback 0 - 87
    Mono: Playback 44 [51%] [-32.25dB] [on]

I have to add that I’m trying to install Antergos on a Msata SSD, I have Windows in the first partition, and I have another disc with my old Antergos and a non Working Windows.
    The old disk grub stills works, but I changed the boot priority and now boots from the new disk.
    I bought the MSata because the old disk is gonna fail soon.

• @lots.0.logs After about 15 minutes, a message appeared saying that there was a problem with the bootloader and the system could not reboot, and if I wanted the check archlinux wiki relating to grub .
    And after I said yes, now says that the installation is complete, and if I want to restart the system now.

• @lots.0.logs Here is the last part of the log, notice the change of time:

2015-09-24 17:41:20 [DEBUG] bootloader.py(275) install_grub2_bios(): Running grub-mkconfig…
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [ERROR] chroot.py(141) run(): Timeout running the command [‘chroot’, ‘/install’, ‘sh’, ‘-c’, ‘LANG=es_CO.UTF-8 grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg’]
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [WARNING] bootloader.py(294) install_grub2_bios(): ERROR installing GRUB(2) BIOS.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/sys’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/proc’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/dev/pts’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(105) umount_special_dirs(): Unmounting special dir '/install/dev’
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] chroot.py(109) umount_special_dirs(): Can’t unmount. Trying -l to force it.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [DEBUG] install.py(1191) configure_system(): Copying install log to /var/log.
    2015-09-24 17:56:21 [INFO] slides.py(192) manage_events_from_cb_queue(): Installation finished

• @AlejandroC90 Try running grub-mkconfig from the live environment (you have to chroot into the installed system) For example:

su
    mkdir /mnt/root
    # Mount Antergos Root
    mount /dev/sdX /mnt/root
    # If you used a separate `/boot` partition
    mount /dev/sdX /mnt/root/boot
    arch-chroot /mnt/root
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    exit
    umount -Rl /mtn/root
    exit
    reboot

• Reboot the Live system before you attempt to do the steps I just outlined. Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs
    [[email protected] antergos]# arch-chroot /mnt/root
    sh-4.3# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    /usr/bin/grub-mkconfig: line 234: /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new: No such file or directory
    sh-4.3#

and yep, the folder is empty.

• @AlejandroC90 Did you mount your /boot partition?

• @lots.0.logs I made a mistake, here is output:
    sh-4.3# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    Generating grub configuration file …
    Found theme: /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt
    Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux
    Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
    Found fallback initramfs image: /boot/initramfs-linux-fallback.img
    ERROR: mkdir /var/lock/dmraid
    /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connect failed: No such file or directory
    WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning.

And got stuck there. I’m gonna wait 10 minutes.

• @AlejandroC90 That might not be anything to worry about. Let me know the result.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @lots.0.logs Well, it didn’t work in the end, I don’t know what to do, I tried reinstalling a fourth time and the same message, and Windows boot was totally gone too, I’m gonna have to reinstall everything again . I’ve been using Antergos for almost two years. I’m gonna try with Ubuntu if it works.
    I need a Linux distro on my pc, I’m in the Linux group of my University…

In the end, do you think that is a problem of my hardware or it’s something that can fixed in a couple of Antergos releases?
    Thank you for your time.

lightdm115 stuck33 instalation13 Posts 13Views 5197
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.