• Needing to install Wireless Drivers before Install.

Hi I have a Junki Dell. It has a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter inside of it. The issue is I need the driver to connect to the internet, because I don’t have a cable long enough otherwise. How would I go about downloading the driver on windows, and installing it on Antergos?

• @MathCubes said:

…How would I go about downloading the driver on windows, and installing it on Antergos?

1. In windowz, download the package with the driver. Let’s say, it is called broadcom.pkg.tar.xz .

2. Save the downloaded package on a partition, that will not be used during Antergos installation. For example, in /mydata/dnl .

3. Exit from windowz.

4. You will need to use the default, full Antergos ISO, not the minimal one.

5. Start the live Antergos session.

6. If Cnchi autostarts, close it. By clicking either [Try It] or [X] buttons.

7. Mount the partition with the downloaded package. The simplest way to do so is to access it with the file manager. Nautilus will automount the partition.

8. Open the terminal.

9. Using pacman, install downloaded package with the command

sudo pacman -U /mydata/dnl/broadcom.pkg.tar.xz

You write by hand sudo pacman -U only. To insert the fully qualified package name, simply drag&drop it from Nautilus into the terminal.

10. Start the installer from terminal

sudo cnchi

11. Done.

network9 Posts 2Views 940