• Shutdown hangs on cgroup: option or name or name mismatch.............

I have Antergos and Windows 10 installed on the same machine and have setup with efi (Dell 3542)
    When I shutdown the Gnome 3 logs out and when the machine shutsdown the HDD turns off but the screen is still on with cgroup : option or name mismatch, new: 0x0"", old: 0x4 "systemd"
    sudo systemctl --failed brings me “0 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.”
    [Picture of shutdown screen where it hangs at] http://imgur.com/nwjrsBR
    I tried sudo shutdown -h now but that also hangs

my partitons are as follows.
    /dev/sda1 Recovery (windows 10)
    /dev/sda2 EFI (windows 10)
    /dev/sda3 Microsoft Reserved
    /dev/sda4 Windows 10 NTFS
    /dev/sda5 EFI (Antergos)
    /dev/sda6 ext4 (Antergos)
    /dev/sda7 swap

I tried including my logs and uploading but the logs are at 12mb.
    Which important ones can I paste?

• Me too. I have the same problem: randomly the computer hangs on shutdown. I have only Antergos running on an iMac mid 2011 with the default partition of the Antergos installation.

• @Aaron-Holmes : Do you have fast boot enabled in Windows 10? Check if when disabling it the error disappears or not.

• @karasu I diasabled fastboot in bios, ran grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and mkinitcpio -p linux in terminal, but it does not fix the shutdown.
    Thank you for trying to help.

• @Aaron-Holmes said:

Dell 3542

Use the following command to grab the journal log from the previous boot (after it hangs on shutdown and has been rebooted):

sudo journalctl -b -1 > journal.log

That will output it to a file, then you can copy/paste it on to a pastebin.

• @lots.0.logs Thanks for the quick reply

• Hmm…Do you have anything connected to the laptop via USB? What happens when you disconnect them prior to shutting down?

• No, nothings connected apart from the battery charger.
    I added shutdown to the hook in mkinitcpio i’ll remove that do sudo mkinitcpio -p linux and try rebooting.

BTW reboot works, which is weird.

shutdown24 dell20 Posts 8Views 1760
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.