• Like 0

Buttons disappearing from Gnome drop down menu thingy

So for some reason some of the buttons on the bottom of this menu randomly disappear. topright.png
    I have no idea why, and it’s not always the same icons that disappear. This is irritating as without the power menu (the only item I really use) I have to shutdown/restart from the command line.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Why is it happening anyway?

• Like 0

Hmm…that’s strange. If you could, try disabling the extension you have that shows what media you have playing. Let me know if anything changes with the buttons.

• Like 0

No luck :/ I even did you one better and disabled ALL of my extensions, but it still only shows the shortcut to settings.

• Like 0

I should have mentioned this before (sorry), did you restart GNOME Shell after disabling the extensions (alt+F2->r-> enter). Oh and be sure that you don’t disable the lockscreen buttons extension :wink:

• Like 0

The buttons are working right now, but I’ll be sure to remember that if/when they stop.

Thank you!

• Like 0

I have the same problem, I can only see ‘Settings’ and ‘Block screen’, which doesn’t even work

• Like 0

@goorek I had the same problem but installing this extension solved it for me.

Best of luck!

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• Like 0

I’ve just had this same issue on a fresh install. I installed nvidia drivers anew music player and vlc. Is this a known issue?

• Like 0

I resolved this by removing every extension that is connected with that drop down. Antergos comes with one extension by default, so you have to remove its folder manually from gnome shell directory. I don’t remember name (because I don’t have it anymore^^), but since I removed them it has worked every time.

• Like 0

Hello,

Bumping this back up. I am hitting this issue now on a relatively fresh Antergos Install (using Gnome DE).

Anyone have the official fix or extension that needs to be removed?

Thanks,
    Asif

• Like 0

Default enabled are user themes and dash to dock
    But user themes is part of package gnome-shell-extensions

lockscreen buttons extension as @lots-0-logs say i do not now… this is not a gnome-shell-extension?

I do not use lightdm and light-locker and i do not have this…

I would say when installing gnome-shell-extension-suspend-button helps, as @Fedorai-Zomakaja say this is a clean solution.

gnome-shell-extension-suspend-button-git is also in AUR !

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    http://kamprad.net/howto-installing-antergos/
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1883/how-to-include-system-logs-when-asking-for-help

gui8 gnome176 Posts 11Views 1708