• \[SOLVED\] Best way to make a KDE install

What is the recommended procedure to install Antergos with KDE, since it is not currently selectable in the installer?

• What is the recommended procedure to install Antergos with KDE, since it is not currently selectable in the installer?

• But it would be probably be better to choose Base install on the Antergos installer? Will running pacman -S kde install and configure everything needed to run DE? Or is it better to install any DE, install KDE, then remove the originally installed DE?

• What I do and suggest is to install Razor-qt first since it is close to KDE.

Get everything setup, then simply do your pacman -S kde and it will set up all for you. Then after a reboot you will need to change your session at the login screen.

Try this, then if you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

• The second time I installed Antergos I decided it was going to be with KDE. And as it wasn’t an option yet, I started from the Base installation.

From there, if I don’t remember wrong, you will just have to install kdebase, the graphics drivers, and the X server. Enable kdm.service, and I think that’s all.

Surely I made a lot of mistakes, as I installed it more or less blindly, but I got a KDE desktop working.

• @“MaNNa”:krnwh5wu said:

What I do and suggest is to install Razor-qt first since it is close to KDE.

Get everything setup, then simply do your pacman -S kde and it will set up all for you. Then after a reboot you will need to change your session at the login screen.

This is what I recommend. It allows you to immediately boot a graphical system so you know everything is working. Then you just “pacman -S kde” and it will grab everything you need. Last thing is to run “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service”

Restart and you’re good to go!

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:20fu86ph said:

@“MaNNa”:20fu86ph said:

This is what I recommend. It allows you to immediately boot a graphical system so you know everything is working. Then you just “pacman -S kde” and it will grab everything you need. Last thing is to run “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service”

Restart and you’re good to go![/quote:20fu86ph]

At this point, once “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service” is run in terminal and I’ve rebooted, can Razor-qt be completely removed?

• @"Uncle said:

@“lots.0.logs”:2gu3ww1n said:

@“MaNNa”:2gu3ww1n said:

Restart and you’re good to go![/quote:2gu3ww1n]

At this point, once “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service” is run in terminal and I’ve rebooted, can Razor-qt be completely removed?[/quote:2gu3ww1n]

Yes, at this point you can safely remove razor-qt, just be sure not to remove kde dependencys.

Posts 10Views 2417
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.