• \[SOLVED\] Best way to make a KDE install

What is the recommended procedure to install Antergos with KDE, since it is not currently selectable in the installer?

• What is the recommended procedure to install Antergos with KDE, since it is not currently selectable in the installer?

• But it would be probably be better to choose Base install on the Antergos installer? Will running pacman -S kde install and configure everything needed to run DE? Or is it better to install any DE, install KDE, then remove the originally installed DE?

• What I do and suggest is to install Razor-qt first since it is close to KDE.

Get everything setup, then simply do your pacman -S kde and it will set up all for you. Then after a reboot you will need to change your session at the login screen.

Try this, then if you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• The second time I installed Antergos I decided it was going to be with KDE. And as it wasn’t an option yet, I started from the Base installation.

From there, if I don’t remember wrong, you will just have to install kdebase, the graphics drivers, and the X server. Enable kdm.service, and I think that’s all.

Surely I made a lot of mistakes, as I installed it more or less blindly, but I got a KDE desktop working.

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• @“MaNNa”:krnwh5wu said:

What I do and suggest is to install Razor-qt first since it is close to KDE.

Get everything setup, then simply do your pacman -S kde and it will set up all for you. Then after a reboot you will need to change your session at the login screen.

This is what I recommend. It allows you to immediately boot a graphical system so you know everything is working. Then you just “pacman -S kde” and it will grab everything you need. Last thing is to run “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service”

Restart and you’re good to go!

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:20fu86ph said:

@“MaNNa”:20fu86ph said:

This is what I recommend. It allows you to immediately boot a graphical system so you know everything is working. Then you just “pacman -S kde” and it will grab everything you need. Last thing is to run “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service”

Restart and you’re good to go![/quote:20fu86ph]

At this point, once “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service” is run in terminal and I’ve rebooted, can Razor-qt be completely removed?

• @"Uncle said:

@“lots.0.logs”:2gu3ww1n said:

@“MaNNa”:2gu3ww1n said:

Restart and you’re good to go![/quote:2gu3ww1n]

At this point, once “systemctl disable lxdm && systemctl enable kdm.service” is run in terminal and I’ve rebooted, can Razor-qt be completely removed?[/quote:2gu3ww1n]

Yes, at this point you can safely remove razor-qt, just be sure not to remove kde dependencys.

gmail: [email protected]
    irc: [email protected]

Posts 10Views 1812