• need help with steam.

i know i need to use nano but i am so new to this arch way of doing things :( - can someone walk me through the namo part cause i dont understand it at all

• sudo pacman -S steam

I7 3770K@4.3Ghz/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn said:

sudo pacman -S steam
    i already got it to install but it not launching - i think i need to get in the .config file and delete smomething like it says in the arch wiki

• I also have an issue with steam. When I try to launch it from CLI, it outputs the following:

Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(0)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

• ok i kinda figure out what the problem is- we need to reinstall and pick our graphic cards - it the stupid noveu free drviers that is casuing the problem

• Ok, but what about AMD users then?

• Do you have muliti lib uncommented in /etc/pacman.conf ? If not you need to for the 32 bit libraries, if your not in a 32 bit system.

gmail: ii.jameseh@gmail.com
    irc: detrimental@freenode

• From the Arch Wiki:

It may also make sense to install multilib-devel to provide some important multilib libraries.

and

Steam makes heavy usage of the Arial font. A decent Arial font to use is ttf-liberation or the fonts provided by Steam

and also install

If you have a 64-bit system, you will need to install lib32-alsa-plugins to enable sound in 32-bit games.

and for AMD: link text
    Link for the Steam page on ARch Wiki: link text

Try all that first.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc thanks - i been so busy i havent check

steam53 Posts 9Views 1727