• How is the first installed using getting sudo privileges?

I always set up every system with an UID=1000 administrator user. I also manage sudo access by creating a sudo group, uncommenting the sudo line in /etc/sudoers, and adding users to the sudo group as needed.

On playing with my first Antergos install I noticed that the initially created user, administrator, has sudo privileges even though the wheel group isn’t uncommented in the /etc/sudoers file and the user isn’t listed directly, either. How is this administrative user (i.e. the user created on install) getting sudo privileges?

• I know this is a bit old but I’m curious too. I was trying to alter the sudoers file so I could temporarily run sudo with NOPASSWD but couldn’t even figure out how I was being granted sudo since the only thing permitted to use sudo according to the file was root.

• I just found it. It looks like the installer adds a file /etc/sudoers.d/10-installer that contains your user with ALL=(ALL) ALL

• Good catch! Somehow I overlooked the /etc/sudoers.d file when I posted this question.

sudo11 Posts 4Views 1046