• \[Solved\] - Pb install Antergos : server error

Hello,

I tried to install Antergos for a week. Each time, the GUI install is launched, the download of packages is ok until near the end.
    When the installer tries to reach Pacmaxg, an error occurs with a window describing a problem of server not responding, and after pressing OK button, the installer is closed.

It’s very long to download the up to date packages during install and it is very frustrating when the result (after 2 hours) has an error.

Am I the only guy with this issue? Please help !!!

• Hello,

I tried to install Antergos for a week. Each time, the GUI install is launched, the download of packages is ok until near the end.
    When the installer tries to reach Pacmaxg, an error occurs with a window describing a problem of server not responding, and after pressing OK button, the installer is closed.

It’s very long to download the up to date packages during install and it is very frustrating when the result (after 2 hours) has an error.

Am I the only guy with this issue? Please help !!!

• Hi,

There was a server related issue that affected pacmanXG but that has since been corrected. You could grab most of the updated packages before install and then have the installer use them instead of downloading. This won’t grab everything but whatever it misses the installer will pickup. Sp when you boot the live system, close the installer and then:

1. Open terminal and run “su” to get root.
    2. "pacman -S pacmanxg --force"
    3. "pacman -Syyu"
    4. “cnchi -c”

Please let me know the result

PS> If you still get the error at the end of install, please post the logs: /var/log/pacman.log /tmp/cnchi.log

• Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
    I will test this when I come back at home.

I will post the result.

• Hello

Here is the result of the first command terminal;

[[email protected] ~]$ su
    [[email protected] antergos]# pacman -S pacmanxg --force
    warning: database file for ‘core’ does not exist
    warning: database file for ‘extra’ does not exist
    warning: database file for ‘community’ does not exist
    warning: database file for ‘antergos’ does not exist
    error: target not found: pacmanxg
    [[email protected] antergos]#

what is the problem?

• an update.

[[email protected] antergos]# pacman -Sy
    :: Synchronizing package databases…
    core 106.6 KiB 140K/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
    extra 1530.4 KiB 269K/s 00:06 [######################] 100%
    community 2023.3 KiB 178K/s 00:11 [######################] 100%
    antergos 33.0 KiB 225K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%

Always a problem for pacmanxg. An idea?

• It seems like the whichever mirror that is nearest to your location is out of sync with the other servers.I can’t reproduce the issue on my end and have not had any other reports. We have an upcoming official release of our live installer so it may save you any further headache. If you want to troubleshoot this further, my advice would be to try replacing the mirrorlist file with a copy you grab straight from Arch. Just change the country on this link (choose a nearby country to rule out the possible a faulty mirror)

[https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/?country=US][0]">[https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/?country=US][1]

Save the file to /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist with atleast 3 servers uncommented (remove the hash #)

Then pacman -Syy first to get database followed by the pacman -S pacmanxg --force

Please update with any relevant info. Thanks!

Regards,

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/?country=US

• Hi,

I tried several servers from different countries including the mine, but the result remained the same :

[[email protected] antergos]# pacman -Sy
    :: Synchronizing package databases…
    core 106.6 KiB 140K/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
    extra 1530.4 KiB 269K/s 00:06 [######################] 100%
    community 2023.3 KiB 178K/s 00:11 [######################] 100%
    antergos 33.0 KiB 225K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%

I don’t understand. I’m a newbie on Arch but I use Debian, Lubuntu or Mageia every day since many years .

There is two files in /etc/pacman.d/ :
    mirrorlist ==> For me it’s the list for Arch.
    antergos-mirrorlist ==> servers specifically for Antergos.

So the second file is used to find pacmanxg, isn’t it? I checked with my browser and these servers seem ok, with the packages like pacmanxg. Is the file antergos.db good?

Thanks for helping.

• WOW, I cannot believe I did not notice this. I gave you the wrong package name

• Hi,

Effectively, it’s better with the good name of package !!! Don’t worry, the problem is solved, that’s the good point.

Thank you for your help during these tests.

Bye.

Posts 10Views 1428