• Creating partitions and formatting

Hi,
    already more than a month trying to install antergos on UEFI with gpt and otherwise work with other systems.
    I use SSD.
    I tried all cnchi 0.10, 0.11, 0.12 … last release and testing but there is still a problem when creating partitions /boot and /boot/efi.
    I have dualboot with windows and create your own partition /boot/efi with fat32, /boot with ext4 and etx4 with luks encryption.
    If choose FAT32 /boot/efi will ignore the setup /boot partition and format automatically also with FAT32 and subsequent problems at startup.
    I tried to create a FAT32 partition ext4 manually in the windows and then cnchi only mount /boot and /boot/efi without format. Even though there will be some format to FAT32.

It would be possible to make a correction and enforce user settings? :innocent:

• Hi,

Is there a reason you are creating a separate /boot partition? I would recommend that you do not create a partition for /boot and just set your existing EFI partition to be mounted as /boot/efi.

Cheers!

• Thank you for your answer,
    I now try /boot/efi without a /boot.
    I do /boot as fat32 and / as ext4 and with encryption, but grub is not installed.

Posts 3Views 842