• LXQT by Antergos

Hi

is there a plan to propose LXQT (and not LXDE as I wrote initially…) as a DE during Antergos install and to tweak it at the “Antergos sauce” :sunglasses: ?

Thanks for your support !

• @squid-f is the LXQT project still rolling? i havent heard much about it of late.

• We had LXDE planned, but we had a lot of other stuff going on… and then LXQT showed up.

To tell you the truth, it’s not one of our priorities atm. We’re a small team, so we have to carefully choose in what we invest our time.

So, the answer is yes, there is a plan to add it, but I’m afraid it won’t be soon (any volunteers? ;) )

Cheers!

• @karasu said;
    (any volunteers? ;) )

…It depends what you have to do and if I’m fit for it, not say …:interrobang:

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• @karasu

any volunteers?

I’m up depends what it is and if I can do it. I’m still learning the installer but getting there :).

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @judd and @Wyn

It’s not that hard.

• Figure which packages LXQT needs (basically these ones) You can look at the KDE4 version in packages.xml for any app you miss.
    • Install Antergos in a VM, using the “base” setup (so no DE is installed). Then, install the lxqt packages you need and run it. When you’re in, setup the Antergos wallpaper, Numix icons and theme (you have to install these before, of course). You have to be sure everything is OK (menu, icons, …)
    • This is the tricky part. You have to get all setup options (I think many of them are stored in plain text files in $HOME/.config/razor), so Cnchi will be able to setup the DE the same way you left it.

The packages list goes to packages.xml, the configuration part goes to postinstall.sh (I think that there is already a very basic lxqt setup there).

Cheers!

• @megaman said:

@squid-f is the LXQT project still rolling? i havent heard much about it of late.

Hi,
    I noticed they released the 0.9 version in Feb this year and upgraded to Qt5. There are not so many distributions shipping it at the moment.
    I succeeded to test it on VM with Mageia5 ; I liked what I saw.

Might be a good alternative to the current messy KDE world ?

• @karasu @judd

I got started.

https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/pull/405
    https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-packages/pull/59

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn Awesome. Many thanks !

If you need testers, I am in !

• @squid-f said:

@Wyn Awesome. Many thanks !

If you need testers, I am in !

Congratulation @Wyn !!!
    I have failed, is too advanced for me, you go ahead and I am very happy about that !!!

Cheers

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• @judd : You can always help to test it! ;)

• What commands and/or series of commands should I input into Terminal in order to test this LXQT designed with Antergos in mind? I would love to help out any way I can! Please let me know what I can do to help :)

~ Ev

• @koesherbacon said:

What commands and/or series of commands should I input into Terminal in order to test this LXQT designed with Antergos in mind? I would love to help out any way I can! Please let me know what I can do to help :)

+1 ! :smiley:

Any test I can do to help ?

• Hi all,

I’m afraid it’s not even ready for a test… I recall that @Wyn did some work on it (he choose the packages) but nothing has been revised or added in Cnchi.

Sorry guys.

• @karasu

Is there a roadmap for what’s currently being worked on in cnchi?

• @Wyn Some times I spy in the postinstall script. Seems like Antergos devs are working with some nice things. Lxqt, Plasma5 and Enlightement are among them.

It’s a pity for missing Budgie. Probably it’s too early for it to enter in production. It’s still in AUR. I constructed it myself - works like a charm. It’s an amazing DE. Extremely light, fast, responsive. Beatiful. I’m falling in love with it more and more.

• @just

Yeah I look into the installer aswell, but I can only read a mind so far :P .

Plasma5

I helped kick Plasma in gear a few months ago; literally the only thing left to do for it is the default look and feel. Sadly kde4 is still going to be used till it’s out of the arch repo’s :(.

It’s a pity for missing Budgie.

Yeah even antergos is getting ready for deepin (I think, there’s was an announcment), but after trying it out it’s not even ready in arch upstream.

• @Wyn Your old invite to “join the dark side” :smile: by passing to Plasma5 from Kde4 helped me a lot to do that. Though I’ve started from Arch. I can’t make Wi-Fi to work in Antergos-NoX.

So my main DEs are Budgie and Plasma5 now. Plasma in Arch is very stable, very polished. Way better than in other distros. Never had a single problem with it.

Thank you for your help in doing this step.

• @just

:+1: , You could go deeper. Edit the base option in packages.xml to make your own package list hahaha :D . Cnchi takes care of the dependencies, could also solve your wifi issue by adding it yourself.

Here’s mine.

Posts 19Views 4586