• Gnome 3 Icons 'suspend', 'shutdown' and 'settings' dissappear after locking the system once

Hello everybody,
    my system is Antergos 64-bit with Gnome 3 as the user interface and full system encryption.
    After locking my system once the three icons ‘suspend’, ‘shutdown’ and ‘settings’ disappear in the menu in the top-righthand corner (where you also to adjust volume, (W)LAN, etc.).

My question is: How do I make it that they do not disappear? 🙂

Thanks for reading and greetings,
    flennic

• i have same problem too.(no reason,it just disapeard him self)
    I’m using antergos 32bit with gnome3
    reboot will fix it.But there’s no ‘‘shutdown’’ botton eather…😅
    (super sorry about my wierd english😭 )
    Hope somone can help us !

• And I lost the “suspend” button …

• +1 for this one. I have to sudo shutdown -h now to power off

• Same problem here, menu does show up after ctrl+alt+del though.

• I have also been experiencing this issue on both my laptop and desktop since install. Restarting gnome fixes the problem.
    Alt+F2 ; and enter r.
    Only a minor inconvenience and something that I am happy to live with.

• hey guys! I found a way to fix it!

Use gnome-tweak-tool to activate an extension called “Status menu bottons” Try it!!!

(sorry,bad english)

• @William-Lin Could you be so kind to provide a direct link to the extension’s page on Gnome’s site ? Can’t find it there, and it is disabled (greyed out) in gnome-tweak-tool.

Seems like it’s not updated (not available) yet for Gnome 3.18. Are you using this version?

$ gnome-shell --version
    GNOME Shell 3.18.1
    $ 

Thank you.

• Here is the link, I think Though you will probaby have to install from source here

Then navigate to

/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/metadata.json

and add 3.18 to the list of versions then restart gnome with Alt+F2 then typing “r” and pressing Enter. (After activating the extension with gnome-tweak-tool)

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

icons39 menu38 lock28 gnome 39 dissapear1 Posts 9Views 2986
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.