• \[Solved\] - No such device

Hello,

I’m trying to follow the recommendations how to install Antergos.
    At the moment I’m stuck in single user mode where I have to enable the internet connection.
    It says there for Ethernet connection just type dhcpcd enp3s0.
    Apparently there is no such device.
    How do I go from there?
    My card is Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
    I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is all very new to me, and please excuse my English.

Kind regards

• Hello,

I’m trying to follow the recommendations how to install Antergos.
    At the moment I’m stuck in single user mode where I have to enable the internet connection.
    It says there for Ethernet connection just type dhcpcd enp3s0.
    Apparently there is no such device.
    How do I go from there?
    My card is Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
    I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is all very new to me, and please excuse my English.

Kind regards

• Hello,

I will be glad to assist but I need a little more information on your issue. Are you using the official iso from our main website or a testing iso? What happens when you just attempt to boot normally from the iso? Also, what’s your system have for graphics (intel, nvidia, or ati)?

Regards,

• Hi,

thank you very much for your help.
    I have tried both, iso from main page as well as testing iso 2013.10.26
    I believe both gave me the same error, but I’m not too sure anymore.
    I know for sure the iso from the main page does this:
    When I boot normally it hangs before the installation manager starts.
    It stops with “reached target Graphical Interface”.
    Everything is marked with [OK] , only one message is red and says
    "Failed to start Initializes Pacman keyring."

I believe the testing iso did the same, but don’t quote me on that.
    It might have been a different error message, but it hangs exactly where the main page iso hangs as well.
    If it’s of importance to you I will give the testing iso another go and report back with more details.
    But it will take some time.

My Graphic card is ATI Radeon HD6850.

• Ok thanks for the info. No need to try the tesing iso again because it would require extra steps to work with ATI graphics. Use the regular iso and follow the steps I posted here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1219#p4182][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1219#p4182 Start with 1b. as its more likely to auto setup your network that way.

If you still have no network connection try “dhcpcd enp3s0”. (run “ip link” to verify your device is actually enp3s0).
    If that doesn’t work, try running “systemctl start [email protected]_name.service”

[0]: <a href=

• Hi,

“system.unit=multi-user.target” worked for me, thank you for your help.
    The installation manager was successfully launched. Graphical installation didn’t work for me, but cli did.
    It was still a bit rocky though, first installation failed, but second try is working as we speak.
    I’m quite happy, everything looks really good so far, and the computer is really fast now.
    I’m curious to see if and how the partitioning will work out, I have absolutely no idea what I did there, haha.

Btw, only the installation from USB stick worked for me, the DVD burned from the same iso kept hanging at “reached graphical target” no matter what.
    On the other hand installation in vmbox using the same DVD worked like a charm.

• Hi,

The installation manager was successfully launched. Graphical installation didn’t work for me, but cli did.

Please, could you elaborate this? I’m one of the developers of Cnchi (our graphical installer) so I’m very interested in all the issues you may have found.

Thanks!

• [b:3qndu5z3]derpif[/b:3qndu5z3]: I personally prefer old network naming scheme like [i:3qndu5z3]eth0[/i:3qndu5z3]. You can set it up adding a symlink:

\# ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules

[b:3qndu5z3]karasu[/b:3qndu5z3]: I’ve got Lenovo Y580 laptop and still there is a problem with “Try it” button. When I click on it nothing happens. Button stay pressed and window stay opened. I’ve even try to [i:3qndu5z3]strace[/i:3qndu5z3] it but no luck.
    One more thing: When I click on the installer button (no matter which one graphical or semigraphical) next window show up as expected but “Cancel” button don’t work (stay pressed). So installing Antegros is some kind of a “one way ticket”

• @“karasu”:jw2vr11n said:

Hi,

Please, could you elaborate this? I’m one of the developers of Cnchi (our graphical installer) so I’m very interested in all the issues you may have found.

Thanks![/quote:jw2vr11n]

Hi,

I had to do another installation in the meantime, due to me playing around too much.

So I gave Cnchi another try and got it working.

Again the installation crashed with an error message similar, but not exactly the same, to this:

File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py”, line 116, in do_refresh
    db.update(force=False)
    alpm.error: unable to update database, pm_errno 0 (unexpected error)
    : do_refresh in /usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py:111

as was described here:

[http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1164#p3883][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1164#p3883

I got different numbers though, I believe error was around line 4xx.

Anyway, I tried what lots.0.logs recommended there and ran

su -c 'nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist'

and

su -c 'pacman -Sy'

and installed again and this time I experienced no issue.

[0]: <a href=

Posts 9Views 1176