• "You cannot run two instances of this installer", when I didn't

New to Antergos.

I’m getting this error message when I boot the current install medium antergos-minimal-2015.08.18-x86_64.iso.

When the desktop comes up, something seems to auto-update. Cnchi I think.
    After the auto-update I get this error (and Cnchi is still on the screen in the background).
    When I close the dialog Cnchi closes too.
    Trying to restart from the icon sees the same error (But no Cinchi in sight).

Reading the details in the diaqlog it seems there is a lock file at /tmp/.setup-running

Delete that file, and all is then well…

I’ve never understood - Why not just store a PID in a lock file, then you can at least check if the process the lock file thinks is running is REALLY running?

[Was peterg4000 but got sick of that lame user name. And no, the photo is not actually me]

• Why not just store a PID in a lock file, then you can at least check if the process the lock file thinks is running is REALLY running?

That’s a nice idea. xD

To be honest, I’ve never experienced this issue myself (or anybody of our team). But I think that I will implement this, thanks!

• I’ve done several boots of the Minimal installer ISO over the last couple of days, and this happens pretty much every time. Strangely, I don’t think it happened the first time… I may well have overlooked Antergos if it did!

Am I really the only one seeing it? Weird.

Anyway, good luck with finding it. Work-around for now is simple enough if you know the rm command, thanks to the nice, thorough error message (Kudos to someone for that clarity).

[Was peterg4000 but got sick of that lame user name. And no, the photo is not actually me]

cnchi102 installation186 Posts 3Views 806