• Errno 5: Input/Output Error | Reboot into no such partition

Hello

Everything was going fine in my installation for 10-20 minutes, but then around (120/823) files in, I got an error message saying “Errno 5: Input/Output error”

I then rebooted (nothing would open after that) without the livecd, and was greeted by grub recovery. Error: No Such Partition
    This is my 3rd time trying to do the install, but I’m not sure what I should do. I can’t boot into windows, and I can’t get Antergos to install properly. So I’m kind of stuck on the livecd at the moment, not sure what I can do. I’ll edit the post soon with logs (if I can get them)
    Just wanted to go ahead and make the post and see if there is any obvious answers.
    Oh, and I’ve tried searching around google but I found nothing helpful. Just stuff about how I might not be partitioned properly. I have / mounted on an 18 GB partition and /boot/efi on a 500 mb partition (I read that it was really small)

So I’m not exactly sure where I should go from here. Like I said I’l edit with logs soon

EDIT:
    logs.tar
    EDIT2: Just crashed in the middle of the installation. I’m about to redownload a different distro soon if this doesnt work
    EDIT3: Got Errno: 5 again. Sorry, but this installer is just why too buggy to be usable.

• @Neurovi

Can you post the cnchi log? it’s in /tmp/cnchi.log. It’ll show why the install is failing and how to fix it.

Posts 2Views 862
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.