• When installing Xfce in Antergos install Compton and use it by default instead of Xfce's compositing manager.

The Xfce desktop environment’s default compositing manager is broken on many systems and produces awful tearing. As a result of this I suggest a way for the Antegros developers to install Compton by default and configure it to enable vsync out of the box.This in my opinion would be a great way to improve the user friendliness of Antegros when using Xfce as you wouldn’t have to face horrible screen tearing by default.

• If you computer has Intel graphics then the latest update to xf86-video-intel is the problem.
    Mine was upgraded and tearing was rampant.
    I downgraded to the prior version and all was well.
    The other method is to
    As root user privileges
    #mousepad /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel
    and change the line:
    Option “AccelMethod” "sna"
    to
    Option “AccelMethod” “uxa”

Save the file, logout, login and that fixed it for me before I downgraded.

Just a thought.

• @herbie Im using a Nvidia card so I don’t think that is the problem.

• To do this I suggest making Cnchi install Compton when you select Xfce and after it is is installed.You make Cinichi configure Compton to enable vsync out of the box and also to make Compton start before the login manager.

• To tell you the truth, I always experienced stability problems with compton, and none with XFCE’s compositor. Go figure.

What I mean is that you can’t extrapolate your experience with XFCE’s compositor to everybody else. If we got a huge amount of petitions we could consider the change, but to tell you the truth, I don’t see that happening.

You can always make the change yourself.

Cheers!

• @karasu Then karasu I suggest making installing Compton a option in the Cnchi installer for the people who have issues with Xfce’'s compositing manager.Many people who use Nvidia cards report that Xfce’s compositing manger doesn’t work and Compton works perfectly so having Compton as a option would help these people.

• @karasu same here, quite happy with either Intel graphics or nvidia driver on xfce. Have faced issues in past with Compton but haven’t tried it recently.

feature5 request4 Posts 7Views 2481