• Can i get your KDE antergos in mirrorlist

If i install Arch can i install your KDE from your mirrorlist

your KDE version in the installer

Thanks

• Not sure to interpret the question correctly. Will try to respond nevertheless.

There’s no such thing as “Antergos’ Kde”. Cnchi (Antergos) installs Arch’s Kde.

Mirrorlist has no relation to any DE. It’s a list of servers, where repositories are found. Repos contain all DEs, available in a distro.

Arch and Antergos keep the list of mirrors in the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file. This file is absolutely identical for both distros. These are native Arch mirrors.

In Arch it’s the only file with the list of mirrors. Antergos adds to it only one more file: /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist . It contains the list of mirrors that point to Antergos’ own repository: http://build.antergos.com/browse/main . The latter contains packages made by Antergos devs, but there’s no Kde or any other DE among them.

…your KDE version in the installer

It doesn’t matter where to install Kde from. Installing it either from Arch or from Antergos yields the same result. It’s Arch Kde.

• @just Its not the same thing too my eyes. Defferent setup.
    It might be the same KDE.

But what i’m asking is if i have Arch install lets say cinnomoin,

Can i install the KDE brought by Antergos shown here

owTEzyZ.png

Thanks.

• Ah! So you’re referring to Antergos-specific look and feel (theming), not to DEs.

Yes, it is possible to:

1. Install the native Arch base system
    2. Add to it the K Destop Environment
    3. Add to Arch the Antergos repo
    4. Tweak Arch Kde interface and install Antergos packages to get closer to Antergos theming

The same result may be obtained by:

1. Installing Antergos Kde

A tool, that in few clicks would automagically grace Arch Kde with Antergos theming, currently doesn’t exist.

• @just
    Installing Antergos Kde
    A tool, that in few clicks would automagically grace Arch Kde with Antergos theming, doesn’t exist.

What do u mean by this?.

Don’t i have to get KDE Enverment from your mirrorlist for antergos stuff on it.

If i just install KDE it wont look like that

• Yes, if Kde is installed from Antergos it looks like that.

No, if Kde is installed from Arch it doesn’t look like that.

There’s no a simple way to make Arch Kde look and behave like in Antergos.

Stop.

• We’re working on this at this very moment… sooner than later it will be possible to apply our changes to a vanilla installation just by installing a package.

Cheers!

• @just said:

Yes, if Kde is installed from Antergos it looks like that.

No, if Kde is installed from Arch it doesn’t look like that.

There’s no a simple way to make Arch Kde look and behave like in Antergos.

Stop.

None of this helps me. Thank u

So how do i get the KDE install shown in the picture on arch from antergos!!!

Posts 8Views 4255