• b43 kernel not installing, no wifi, and trying to download causes an error, dual booting macbook pro early 2011

So I’m trying to dual boot antergos on my 13" early 2011 macbook pro. The installation went fine, and I even had wifi during the installation. So I restarted, and when booting up it told me to go to here https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/b43 and install it. I googled it, and I found that I could install b43-fwcutter and then b43-firmware, but it told me that the file was already there and asked me if I wanted to delete it, and whether I said yes or no, it told me the file was corrupted, something about PGP, and something about it being signed bad. So I tried to manually delete the files, but they weren’t there. What do I do? If it helps, my Macbook Pro model is 8,1. Thanks to anyone who can help.

• Hi,

If I’m not mistaken, liveCD uses broadcom-wl driver. Maybe you have more luck with that driver than with b43.

Uninstall b43-fwcutter and b43-firmware and install broadcom-wl.

Cheers!

• @karasu said:

Hi,

If I’m not mistaken, liveCD uses broadcom-wl driver. Maybe you have more luck with that driver than with b43.

Uninstall b43-fwcutter and b43-firmware and install broadcom-wl.

Cheers!

Finally got to try this, and I’m not sure if it worked or not, because the wifi option that should be there when I click the top right in Gnome isn’t there. Like it doesn’t say Wifi, it just says Bluetooth and Battery. Though I was succesfully able to remove b43 using “sudo pacman -R b43-fwcutter”, and I guess b43-firmware was never installed, because that’s what the terminal said when I tried to remove it. The Networks option in the settings only showed “Wired” and “Network proxy” as well. Help?

• So did you install broadcom-wl ? sudo pacman -S broadcom-wl
    If you did, check that the driver is loaded with this command: lsmod
    If it’s loaded, check the ouput of the dmesg command, search for any reference to broadcom, wl, wifi, wlan, …

• Hi!
    THere are quite a lot of information out there on this matter. The problem is to find and pick the right info.
    To be able to connect with wifi after you have installed broadcom-wl. Use Pacman -S to get deps and then use wifi-menu (in a terminal) to connect. If that doesn´t work you restart computer and try again. If that doesn´t work you are missing some command or program and you have to search for more info.

wifi90 error198 macbook pro8 b432 Posts 5Views 1633